Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Informal Hill Climb TT - Ticknock Sunday 24 February

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did it after the club spin, bad plan. Thanks for the chalk though.

Only 13 attempts on Strava, did nobody show? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

ED E wrote: »
    Did it after the club spin, bad plan. Thanks for the chalk though.

Only 13 attempts on Strava, did nobody show? :pac:

I thought the chalk would make it more proper - glad to hear it survived for a few hours anyways!

Unfortunately in the end not too many people showed in the end - it was only just past silly o clock for a Sunday morning but it was a beautiful morning!

I got in at 8mins dead in the end - quite happy with that. My fellow committee member Sean was in at 8:03 - so I (narrowly) got the bragging rights.

It's looking like the winner will be our resident club speedster Matthieu from Lyon. He did it in 7:25 - which is the 6 fastest time ever!

Check https://www.strava.com/segments/8125228?filter=overall
    for the leaderboard and toggle to "today" (or "this week" to include the people who did it before today).

Thanks to those who gave it a go, hopefully we'll have more the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I thought the chalk would make it more proper - glad to hear it survived for a few hours anyways!

Unfortunately in the end not too many people showed in the end - it was only just past silly o clock for a Sunday morning but it was a beautiful morning!

I got in at 8mins dead in the end - quite happy with that. My fellow committee member Sean was in at 8:03 - so I (narrowly) got the bragging rights.

It's looking like the winner will be our resident club speedster Matthieu from Lyon. He did it in 7:25 - which is the 6 fastest time ever!

Check https://www.strava.com/segments/8125228?filter=overall
    for the leaderboard and toggle to "today" (or "this week" to include the people who did it before today).

Thanks to those who gave it a go, hopefully we'll have more the next time!

So hundreds of people didn't arrive, shut down the road... shout at walkers and knock down children? :eek:

Who would have guessed an informal gathering of people could go so smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

mloc123 wrote: »
    So hundreds of people didn't arrive, shut down the road... shout at walkers and knock down children? :eek:

Who would have guessed an informal gathering of people could go so smoothly

Haha indeed. It did make this thread a bit more interesting, albeit frustrating at times for myself :')

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Stages (well Saddleback) have said the 4092 error means my stages is useless. Ticknock killed it. Well played Ticknock, well played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Gave this another go this Morning because the wind was not as strong as last week.
    Glorious Weather and i had to stop before the start of the segment and take off my leg warmers, don't know why i wore them in the first place.

Got my time down to 7'53 which is a new PR for me although i still think i can knock a bit of that.
    The 6 cans of Galahad i drank last night did not appreciate the effort though.

Again my Garmin gave me a time of 12'24 so i think my Garmin is losing signal up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Injured at present so trying to keep out of the hills will give it a go at some stage but based on my time from last week Ive no need to go public...
    :)

Gave this another go this Morning because the wind was not as strong as last week.
    Glorious Weather and i had to stop before the start of the segment and take off my leg warmers, don't know why i wore them in the first place.

Got my time down to 7'53 which is a new PR for me although i still think i can knock a bit of that.
    The 6 cans of Galahad i drank last night did not appreciate the effort though.

Again my Garmin gave me a time of 12'24 so i think my Garmin is losing signal up there.

Must try that rocket fuel Irishrover :eek::cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Weepsie wrote: »
    Stages (well Saddleback) have said the 4092 error means my stages is useless. Ticknock killed it. Well played Ticknock, well played.
    see what i said about insurance? now you can sue Sunsets on Tuesday for the cost of your broken equipment. and for mental anguish too, probably.

"Garmin time of 11:46" last night with the wind at my back, front, side, hail, rain, two creaking knees, chased by a dog and watching for falling trees!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You forgot the rocket fuel.

Back to drawing board, Nudge.

Alek wrote: »
    You forgot the rocket fuel.

Back to drawing board, Nudge.

Im waiting for the downhill version Alek........ :cool:

You already won that one afaik ;)

Alek wrote: »
    You already won that one afaik ;)

Nah think I was knocked off that throne Alek some time ago...
    Im not one for starting rumours but that lad on a mountain bike must be on drugs or had an engine fitted... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Nah think I was knocked off that throne Alek some time ago...
    Im not one for starting rumours but that lad on a mountain bike must be on drugs or had an engine fitted... :D

Or both Nudge ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Have been off the bike for a few months so just got round to giving this a go this evening - 8'41 - beat my PR by a few seconds so happy enough :-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/2242680291

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's some going after a few months off.

Fair fecking play Colm... You beat my best time by 1s, ya weasel!

never tried that climb myself, just tried comparing it to peoples times on howth, and it seems about 60s to 90s slower?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

never tried that climb myself, just tried comparing it to peoples times on howth, and it seems about 60s to 90s slower?

It's a very different climb, a good bit harder I'd say. And this segment is only half of it - definitely worth giving it a shot, one of the nicest climbs around IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement