Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whether to renew an Eir broadband contract

• 11-02-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I''m approaching the end of a 12 month contract for broadband only with Eir. I am reasonable happy. Its reliable but customer service when needed is awful. I have 12M which in general is fine for my needs but probably won't be in the near future. Eir sports is handy but I wouldn't miss it. 
    My problem is both the junction boxes near me were upgraded ages ago but I have no way of knowing when fibre will be rolled out to the houses. I'm not going to sign up to a new 12 month contract to get 12M and I can get Virgin for cheaper and over 20 times the speed. Is there anyway to find out when fibre will be rolled out to the door?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

Hi captainshamroc,

I would recommend checking if FFTH is available you can do so here 
    Unfortunately, there is no way of finding out when it's been rolled out to the door but keep checking the website for updates.

-Andre

• Registered Users Posts: 27 shuggy1001

To be honest and from the experience we have had with Eir, you have a chance to get out, so take it. Customer service is atrocious and while you've not had any major problems, if you do have one it can be a major battle to sort it out, especially with the wait times for customer service. For example, we've been on hold for over 2 hours trying to sort an issue that eir already know about and promised to sort, then they hung up on us. Contacted their online support to try and get a call back and was told the online team can't arrange that and we would have to ring back again... It speaks volumes about the setup they have that the two support teams can't speak to each other to arrange something like a callback - they are a telecommunications company after all...

If you can get Virgin for cheaper and it's faster it's a no brainer IMO. Having had UPC/Virgin in the past, any issue I had with them were fairly quickly sorted, nothing like the absolute cluster**** I'm having at the moment with Eir.

They would nearly be better to get rid of their "online" support - their de facto answer to any real query is that you will need to ring them anyway, so what's the point?

This may be a bit of a rant, but I'm just one of seemingly many many disappointed customers that are being held to ransom because of eir's control of the network in this country.

[rant over] :D

Advertisement