Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average wait time for eir phone customer service

Options
  • 11-02-2019 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Would like to know peoples average wait time for eir phone customer service. Was waiting over 1hr 10 minutes for a contract query. I would love a response from eir about this and would they not offer customers goodwill gestures for waiting this length of time. This seems an ongoing issues the long wait time over changing contract etc, maybe offer a website where you can perform this without use of your useless web chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Sticky thread at the top is up to date for this information - https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057916504

Can be anything from 30min - 2hrs at the moment....it's crazy.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mike1983

1 hour 36 minutes and still waiting. I got through to cancel and i was put through to support 20 mins ago and i was told i was first in that line haha, i have called them so many times sent emails in have complaint numbers but have never heard back from them if they do put a note on youre account ever time you call mine must be like a draft of a tom clancey novel.

My issue is the sports app wont work and never has, dont bother with the online chat its a bad chat room from india where they just leave the chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

mike1983 wrote: »
    1 hour 36 minutes and still waiting.  I got through to cancel and i was put through to support 20 mins ago and i was told i was first in that line haha,   i have called them so many times sent emails in have complaint numbers but have never heard back from them if they do put a note on youre account ever time you call mine must be like a draft of a tom clancey novel.

My issue is the sports app wont work and never has,   dont bother with the online chat its a bad chat room from india where they just leave the chat.
    Hi mike1983

We are sorry for the long wait time.  A few months ago, eir announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house. We’re now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we’re doing everything we can to minimise the disruption and we're working as hard as possible to get our wait times down.

~
    Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mike1983

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    1 hour 36 minutes and still waiting.  I got through to cancel and i was put through to support 20 mins ago and i was told i was first in that line haha,   i have called them so many times sent emails in have complaint numbers but have never heard back from them if they do put a note on youre account ever time you call mine must be like a draft of a tom clancey novel.

My issue is the sports app wont work and never has,   dont bother with the online chat its a bad chat room from india where they just leave the chat.
    Hi mike1983

We are sorry for the long wait time.  A few months ago, eir announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house. We’re now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we’re doing everything we can to minimise the disruption and we're working as hard as possible to get our wait times down.

~
    Linzi
    Hi Eir,  Thanks for the reply but the main issue I have is I cannot get my problem resolved,  to try and talk to somone to get this resolved I have to call as Eir managers and staff do not call back,  and as for the long wait times I would think you could arrainge a call back option as youre online chat is just rubbish but alot of customers must be having issues if he wait time s are so bad 

Again I would hope I will hear back from someone in Eir as After waiting 2 hours and ten minutes the staff member definitely definitely, told me she would come back to me,,, I will not hold my breath 

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

50 min X 2 plus 40 minutes today.

Joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi mike1983

~
    Linzi
    Hi Eir,  Thanks for the reply but the main issue I have is I cannot get my problem resolved,  to try and talk to somone to get this resolved I have to call as Eir managers and staff do not call back,  and as for the long wait times I would think you could arrainge a call back option as youre online chat is just rubbish but alot of customers must be having issues if he wait time s are so bad 

Again I would hope I will hear back from someone in Eir as After waiting 2 hours and ten minutes the staff member definitely definitely, told me she would come back to me,,, I will not hold my breath 
    Hi Mike1983, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your eir Sport. Are you able to log into your my eir account? 

If not could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. Email address?

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    big syke wrote: »
    50 min X 2 plus 40 minutes today.

Joke
    Hi big syke, 

Is there anything I can help you with here? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement