Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Spewsday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Can you bring the tinfoil hat everywhere?
    No need, I can send my minders to get anything I want.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Can you bring the tinfoil hat everywhere?

With my work there are times when I need to meet clients and cant have a mobile device with me.

Bazzy wrote: »
    With my work there are times when I need to meet clients and cant have a mobile device with me.

Why? If true it’s bizarre stuff, unless it’s something highly illegal or some high level government espionage its totally over the top. Who do you think is going to be tracking you?

I’d never set foot outside the house with my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

And if you want to have sex with someone in public there really is no better spot than a phonebox, let's not overlook that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I still have a few call cards

How much gets taken off a card each time you place a call?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I still have a few call cards

How much gets taken off a card each time you place a call?

20cent. U thinking of going phone/ free for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Why? If true it’s bizarre stuff, unless it’s something highly illegal or some high level government espionage its totally over the top. Who do you think is going to be tracking you?

I’d never set foot outside the house with my phone.

I work at a hospital. Surgeons are not permitted to carry their phones on them. Places like Allergen, Intel and many others do not allow personal devices into their clean rooms. My wife worked a job at an offenders center and was encouraged not to bring a personal device, only a company device to work for her own protection.

There are plenty of jobs that call for not carrying your personal phone.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I work at a hospital. Surgeons are not permitted to carry their phones on them. Places like Allergen, Intel and many others do not allow personal devices into their clean rooms.

Surgeons not permitted to carry their phones? Do you mean in general or in surgery because its common for Surgeons in general to have their phones in theatre never mind just walking around. Also even if they aren't allowed them in surgery its nothing to do with it being a phone so fear of tracking etc its going to be a rule on cleanliness.

Same for Intel etc if they don't allow a phone its some rule they have for the clean room nothing to do with some fear that "the man" is watching. It's nothing to do with personal devices. I'd also question if its in anyway widespread even in clean rooms never mind in general considering I work in tech myself, spend time in clean rooms and have a lot of fiends also working in various fields in medical devices, pharma, semiconductors etc and never have I heard such a rule (one person in particular working in a very paranoid asian company with all sorts of crazy rules like disabling usb ports on every single pc/laptop but absolutely no rules around using your phone, you were even allowed use your work sim for personal use also). In fact my phone is one of the only things I am allowed to bring into clean room fabs etc, a piece of paper isn't permitted but I've taken many calls in them (mostly personal ones at that).

Overall though any reason like cleanliness etc is not the type thing I was talking about. There is no comparison to having to put your phone in locker while entering a room and some nonsense about not being able to carry a phone (it was any phone not personal or work) on you while meeting a client, that is tin foil hat stuff.

Like I wouldn't expect a stage actor to have their phone on them on stage, but its a very different thing.
    My wife worked a job at an offenders center and was encouraged not to bring a personal device, only a company device to work for her own protection.

Well it was a request not a rule and personally I dont see any "protection" issue with carrying your personal phone.

There are plenty of jobs that call for not carrying your personal phone.

I dont think there are really, in fact I've never heard of a single person in a very wide area of jobs and sectors who has not been allowed carry their personal phone. On the contrary I know a lot of people who use their work issued phones as their only phone, so for fully personal use also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Do you think they're coming on here to make up a story about not being allowed to use their phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

This thread has veered wildly of topic

I'm going to close it now unless something comes up about Donegal Tuesday or the ragweek that has just gone

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement