Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPTV & Subtitles

• 11-02-2019 3:31pm

Certain IPTV providers have some movies & TV shows available as "box sets", where essentially you can stream on demand (like a mini version of Netflix or whatever). I realise these guys are providing illegal streams, sometimes, so I'm not looking for recommendations or instructions or anything like that.

I'm wondering, is it possible to download subtitles for these movie and TV shows and add them to your box? Are there any risks to doing this and/or are there sites that are more reliable than others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

the uploader of the file has to embed subtitles into the file AFAIK then the option is there on most boxes to turn on or off

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I’m sorry but we can’t allow discussion of this here, even given the accessibility angle, because it involves discussion about how to breach copyright.

Legitimate providers, including Netflix, usually offer a subtitling function for their shows

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement