Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Delayed caused missed next flight

Options
  • 11-02-2019 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hello,

Booked a return flight to USA with Air France, it was operated by Delta Airlines.
    The way out (to America) was fine - got to destination on time.
    Internal flights were ok too.
    But on the return leg my first light was delayed by over 2 and half hours thus causing me to miss my flight home.
    After a bit of a chat to the rep I got a hotel for the night and food vouchers - so overall I was ok but I arrived home 16 hrs later than I was supposed to.

But I'm wondering if I should apply to see if I qualify for any compensation. I'm wondering who do I write to - is it Air France as that is who I booked the ticket with or is it Delta Airlines as they were the ones providing the service? If it is Delta airlines is there any point in applying for compo as they are not an EU carrier?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

WM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

What did your boarding pass say? Was it an Air France flight?

Three years ago I was delayed 24 hours with BA coming back from Mexico. Got over €500 in compensation. I did use one of those claim services however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

ArthurG wrote: »
    What did your boarding pass say? Was it an Air France flight?

Three years ago I was delayed 24 hours with BA coming back from Mexico. Got over €500 in compensation. I did use one of those claim services however.

That’s because BA are an EU based airline.

OP - EU261 states that delayed compensation is based on the operating carrier, not the ticketing carrier. So in your case, Delta not Air France and as they are not EU registered it looks like you are out of luck!

More details: https://flightdelaypay.com/codesharing-agreement/

Advertisement