Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching mortgage to Ulster Bank

• 11-02-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Thinking of switching our mortgage from AIB to Ulster Bank as they're offering a 2 year fixed rate of 2.15% which seems fairly unbeatable.

Trying to get an appointment however is like trying to find the holy grail. Initially tried before Christmas - requested a call back on their website and never heard anything. Rang their customer line and the guy I spoke to offered me an appointment in Bray when I asked for any Dublin city centre branch. He assured me the appointments system is VERY complicated so I left it at that.

Tried again last week. Guy on the end of the phone told me I couldn't have an Ulster Bank mortgage if I wasn't an existing customer. I asked him if he was sure of that, he said he'd put me through to the mortgage section to check, he transferred me to an out of service UK number. Rang again and got through to someone who seemed to know what they were talking about and he put in a request for a call back from my nearest branch. Still waiting.

Should I just take this as a sign that Ulster Bank are not for me and move on? Does anyone have any experience of switching to them? Was it as shambolic as I'm starting to think this process might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BadSanta

I just went to Blackrock branch and they gave me appointment on time suits me. Try to dropby some branches near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KingCong

K_P wrote: »
    Thinking of switching our mortgage from AIB to Ulster Bank as they're offering a 2 year fixed rate of 2.15% which seems fairly unbeatable.

2.15%? Are you sure? I've only seen 2.3% advertised for 2 year fixed.
    BadSanta wrote: »
    I just went to Blackrock branch and they gave me appointment on time suits me. Try to dropby some branches near you.

Same here, switching to them at the minute and it was very easy to get an appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

KingCong wrote: »
    2.15%? Are you sure? I've only seen 2.3% advertised for 2 year fixed.

Apologies, you're right, it's 2.3%. We're currently on a 3.15% rate with AIB and I was getting confused.

Still no call back so rang again yesterday and have an appointment now for next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭pah

K_P wrote: »
    Apologies, you're right, it's 2.3%. We're currently on a 3.15% rate with AIB and I was getting confused.

Still no call back so rang again yesterday and have an appointment now for next Tuesday.

How did you get on?

Considering the same myself at the moment.

Advertisement