Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos one with Alexa

Options
  • 11-02-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hi there

An thinking of getting a good quality speaker with Alexa built in. Should compliment a logitech harmony ultimate remote with hub that I have just ordered.

Primary use will be spotify, pairing with logitech remote, and integration with heating too if it works with netatmo. Maybe lights in the future.

Seems the echo range of speakers are ok but might be worth investing in a Sonos one? Understand Sonos One alexa controls don't officially work in Ireland but are workarounds.

Any Sonos one owners to vouch for it, or recommended alternatives? Budget up to 250eur

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Hi there

An thinking of getting a good quality speaker with Alexa built in. Should compliment a logitech harmony ultimate remote with hub that I have just ordered.

Primary use will be spotify, pairing with logitech remote, and integration with heating too if it works with netatmo. Maybe lights in the future.

Seems the echo range of speakers are ok but might be worth investing in a Sonos one? Understand Sonos One alexa controls don't officially work in Ireland but are workarounds.

Any Sonos one owners to vouch for it, or recommended alternatives? Budget up to 250eur

Thanks!

I have 2 sets of Sonos 1s, 1 in kitchen and one in dining room as rears paired with a sound bar and sub. Alexa works fine. I don't think they have the full set of Alexa commands, but I can play music from Spotify, control my hue lights and smart plugs etc, get news, weather time and lots of other stuff from Alexa on the Sonos 1's. I did not have to do any "work around" to get this to work. They worked right out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

I have 2 sets of Sonos 1s, 1 in kitchen and one in dining room as rears paired with a sound bar and sub. Alexa works fine. I don't think they have the full set of Alexa commands, but I can play music from Spotify, control my hue lights and smart plugs etc, get news, weather time and lots of other stuff from Alexa on the Sonos 1's. I did not have to do any "work around" to get this to work. They worked right out of the box.

Thanks a mill. I'm not a huge audiophile or anything but how do you find the sound quality (Did you use one standalone for a time?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. I'm not a huge audiophile or anything but how do you find the sound quality (Did you use one standalone for a time?)
    I have a high end Hifi system, valve amps, speakers and CD player with separate transport and DAC. The Sonos system is no match for this, but its quality is quite surprising.

The sitting room with soundbar, sub and rears is quite impressive, but even the sets I have in my bedroom (non Alexa but controlled with a spot) and kitchen with in built Alexa give a really good sound with decent sound stage and base response and no distortion on high notes. They are not the cheapest of speakers but in my opinion, for their size they will not disappoint and having Alexa built in is nice.

I listened to them in Arnotts (down stairs) and in Harvery Norman's before buying to get an idea of the quality. I bought them in pairs always and set then up as stereo pairs, but even if I turn one off and just play through one the sound and base is good, you just lose the sound stage.

Advertisement