Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sniper Scope: 6-24x50 by Swiss Arms

• 11-02-2019 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭

This is a rare gem as a 3-9x40 is the largest Swiss Arms Scope currently available. Originally retailed at Euro280 and now for sale at Euro65. There are some tiny scratches to the exterior of the tube in way of the mounts and otherwise this scope is in very good condition. A list of its qualities are below and photos are to follow shortly.

1. Designed by an AirSoft company for airsoft users.
    2. Quick adjust turrets are easily turned in gloved hands. No allen-keys, coins or cap covers needed.
    3. At 6x magnification the eye relief is from about 3inches to 7 inches which results in a 'sweet spot' extending over 4 inches. It makes it very easy to acquire the scope image and gives comfort to the eye. At larger magnification the sweet spot is smaller but still is exceptional.
    4. A 30 mm tube is used which enables large windage and elevation adjustments of the reticle.
    5. A 50 mm objective allows for the maximum amount of light to enter.
    6. The lenses are coated, the aluminium is anodised matt black, the focus ring has a raised nub for ease of control.
    7. Comes with the original box, mounts, maker's instructions, built-in sun shade and lense caps. (The flip-up lense caps are not the originals but they are a perfect fit.)

When the photos are posted, a picture of the reticle over a crane at some 500 metres distant can be seen. This is at x6. The image is a lot clearer when viewed by the naked eye - cameras are unfair to scope images.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

photos loaded at ops request

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Another photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Ebr sniper

Interested in trades?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Tonsil

"Interested in trades?"

A helmet that extends part way around the ears (like 'sideburns') would interest. Such a helmet is shown in this link below though a camo, krylon or tan version would be preferable as a part trade.
    http://tinyurl.com/yyxx6gzo

Tonsil wrote: »
    "Interested in trades?"

A helmet that extends part way around the ears (like 'sideburns') would interest. Such a helmet is shown in this link below though a camo, krylon or tan version would be preferable as a part trade.
    http://tinyurl.com/yyxx6gzo

Have this brand new helmet here that might be what your looking for

• Advertisement

From EBR: 'Have this brand new helmet here that might be what your looking for...'

We're approaching a deal here, many thanks.

I think that could be the right helmet. I'll know for sure tonight; for now, let's take it that it is suitable.
    Can you let me you let me know what you've in mind to complete the deal e.g. any cash supplement should you find the scope suitable and when approx we can meet? I think you're better off meeting as selection of scopes can be a personal thing. I'm in a position to close the deal when you get back to me.

By the way, the scope has IR (illuminated reticle red/green with 5 levels); I've just checked it and it's working though I don't have and don't know which is the correct type of battery (I've never used it). The mounts are the original supplied ones which are 'dovetail'.

Tonsil wrote: »
    From EBR: 'Have this brand new helmet here that might be what your looking for...'

We're approaching a deal here, many thanks.

I think that could be the right helmet. I'll know for sure tonight; for now, let's take it that it is suitable.
    Can you let me you let me know what you've in mind to complete the deal e.g. any cash supplement should you find the scope suitable and when approx we can meet? I think you're better off meeting as selection of scopes can be a personal thing. I'm in a position to close the deal when you get back to me.

By the way, the scope has IR (illuminated reticle red/green with 5 levels); I've just checked it and it's working though I don't have and don't know which is the correct type of battery (I've never used it). The mounts are the original supplied ones which are 'dovetail'.

It would be a straight swap I’m afraid as the helmet is brand new never used and cost €90 a couple months ago it’s just not my kinda thing.
    Where abouts are you based?

Reply to Ebr: No sweat, the Tech has got back to me and says that the lip on the edging will kill his plan for it. He's given me links to ones that'll work. I'll still sell the scope for cash only as originally planned.

I'm based in Dun Laoghaire, and am often in Lucan, Swords and Greystones.

Advertisement