Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to Cancel Eir Internet, customer service ignores me and increased bills keep c

• 11-02-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello 

I been with Eir net for few years and now that I am with another internet service provider i decided to cancel Eir net but they wont let me. I informed them about cancellation and paid another bill which they sent of 50 euros last month when i was no longer with them, but now they sent another bill. They either hang up the phone or say they are busy. I been trying to call them for 2 weeks to cancel them and waiting for many hours with no luck. They keep sending me new bills in amount of 79 euros.When i spoke to them on chat they say that they're unable to help online or they provide a number which has never worked for me so far. I don't know what to do. Please help. 

Zarina

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Welcome to Boards, zarina8. I've moved your query to the eir forum where one of the reps should be able to help with your query. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

zarina8 wrote: »
    Hello 

I been with Eir net for few years and now that I am with another internet service provider i decided to cancel Eir net but they wont let me. I informed them about cancellation and paid another bill which they sent of 50 euros last month when i was no longer with them, but now they sent another bill. They either hang up the phone or say they are busy. I been trying to call them for 2 weeks to cancel them and waiting for many hours with no luck. They keep sending me new bills in amount of 79 euros.When i spoke to them on chat they say that they're unable to help online or they provide a number which has never worked for me so far. I don't know what to do. Please help. 

Zarina
    Hello zarina8

Unfortunately we cannot cancel accounts through Social Media channels.  You can find more information here on how to cancel your services.  If there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me further.

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zarina8

My sister was able to cancel account through online chat ,yet when it comes to me im always told its not possible ,when i call and wait for 5 hours the call is hang up on me. I try to call you for 3 weeks with no success. Yesterday i sent back the modem if my account doesnt get cancelled as bills keep coming i will go to lawyer. 

This is the worst experience i ever had with this ISP despite being with this company for so many years ,this is the thanks i get.- They wont let me Quit. I can call how many times i want ,for cancelling my account the customer service doesn't exist. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Advertisement

Yeah sadly a lot of people has this issue with Eir net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭paddy19

It bloody ridiculous that ComReg allow this sort of crap to continue.

ComReg need to change the regulation so that you cancel by email or at via your online account.

In the interim save yourself a lot of grief:

Get a a copy of your last bill by:

Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:

Eir
    Account cancellation Team,

Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

I know this is a pain but a good few Post offices are open Saturday mornings.
    Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit.

Eir should send you a letter confirming cancellation and requesting return of any equipment and final bill.

Trust me this will save you a mountain of grief and leave you in control.

Of course you shouldn't have to do this but trust its a lot easier than hours on hold and lots of broken promises.

Thank you very much for your help. The account has been finally cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

zarina8 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your help. The account has been finally cancelled.
    Hi zarina8

We are sorry to lose you as a customer but I am happy you got a resolution.

Kind Regards
    Linzi

Advertisement