Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Party Venue recommendations?

Options
  • 11-02-2019 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for venue recommendations for a significant birthday later in the year..

We need a dj, dance floor and finger food..
    Would prefer not to go for a private room - thinking more of a reserved area in a bar..
    The dance floor/area is a must..
    City centre or suburbs (parking space could be handy as a good few will be driving)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

sporina wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking for venue recommendations for a significant birthday later in the year..

We need a dj, dance floor and finger food..
    Would prefer not to go for a private room - thinking more of a reserved area in a bar..
    The dance floor/area is a must..
    City centre or suburbs (parking space could be handy as a good few will be driving)

Thanks in advance

What age? It matters as many places don't take 18th or 21sts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Can't really think of a venue that has all those things and a dance floor. The Bodega maybe?

How old is the birthday person? Are you sure you need a dance floor? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

What age? It matters as many places don't take 18th or 21sts.
    Can't really think of a venue that has all those things and a dance floor. The Bodega maybe?

How old is the birthday person? Are you sure you need a dance floor? :D

a 40th!

yes a dance floor is a must.. most love to have a boogie

was thinking Reardens - kind of a one stop shop..

Not been to The Bodega in about 10 years.. do it still have a dance floor?

I thought it was more of a bar/restaurant set up now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

How many? Goldbergs and the sextant both do 40's... and have bands in. People dance around alright, but it's not a dedicated dancefloor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

sporina wrote: »
    I thought it was more of a bar/restaurant set up now?

Afaik it's still a restaurant in the evening, but all the tables get cleared away and it gets turned into a dance floor later on. I've always wanted to go there for dinner and stay until it's a nightclub. :)

Reardens might be worth a phone call. I don't think they do finger food, but they serve pizza. I think the kitchen closes pretty early though.

Like pwurple said as well - many bars don't have a dance floor but people would be dancing anyway. The Oliver Plunkett amongst others in the city centre, or Johno's in Douglas and Murphy's Rock up the northside. The Castle in Glanmire might be a good call as well if you're willing to go outside the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Afaik it's still a restaurant in the evening, but all the tables get cleared away and it gets turned into a dance floor later on. I've always wanted to go there for dinner and stay until it's a nightclub. :).

Yeah, I've done it once, it's very weird seeing the transition. As people leave, the tables start getting taken away one by one. And the music goes up a notch, then up again slightly... :)

pwurple wrote: »
    How many? Goldbergs and the sextant both do 40's... and have bands in. People dance around alright, but it's not a dedicated dancefloor.

dunno - could be 20 - 30.. not a lover of goldbergs - the sextant is moving - will see how that turns out..
    Afaik it's still a restaurant in the evening, but all the tables get cleared away and it gets turned into a dance floor later on. I've always wanted to go there for dinner and stay until it's a nightclub. :)

Reardens might be worth a phone call. I don't think they do finger food, but they serve pizza. I think the kitchen closes pretty early though.

Like pwurple said as well - many bars don't have a dance floor but people would be dancing anyway. The Oliver Plunkett amongst others in the city centre, or Johno's in Douglas and Murphy's Rock up the northside. The Castle in Glanmire might be a good call as well if you're willing to go outside the city.

yes reardens do finger food - a mate's work place has had their xmas parties there a few times..

never been to Murphys Rock - will check that out..

hi folks back on the 40th birthday party trail now..

so I am thinking

Crawford and Co
    The Oyster Bar
    The courtyard

been onto all 3 of them

Crawford and Co seems like a runner - any thoughts? it has it all - but I have never been there..

Osyter Bar - sounds good but not gone on their menu - and its more €€€

Courtyard - could be cold in winter - party will be in November.. dj only in the courtyard - dancing there too I assume - for sure it will be cold...

Not checked out The Bodega.. might do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I've only been there twice, but maybe Dwyers might be an option. https://www.dwyersofcork.ie/
    Haven't been there for a party myself, but I've seen reservations, so others might be able to advise.

Advertisement