Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G external aerial

Options
  • 11-02-2019 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a Huawei B315s-22 4G router with a THREE (I know...) data SIM.

Signal ain't the worst (3 out of 5 bars) but I feel I could suck a few more Mbps with an outdoor aerial. I have an IP phone connected over LAN for work and it can sound very jittery at times with no other network activity.

Any suggestions/experience on an aerial to use? Panel or Yagi type?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Don't expect your VOIP to improve at all with a new antenna. Once you've 500k thats enough, your issue is cell wide jitter as the cell serves other UEs.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I am also with three and thinking of getting an external antenna. Will this improve the speed much as my 4g speed is always bad and the 3G speed is better. I don't want to spend money if it will not make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rugrat69

One of these definitely helps make sure to point it towards your mobiles cell towers which can be found online.

Advertisement