Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Park, hansfield. Any negatives?

Options
  • 11-02-2019 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Planning to buy a 3-bed in The park, hansfield. Are any negatives or disadvantages of this development?

What are the best schools nearby?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

I bought in the Park on Saturday morning with my girlfriend. We are absolutely delighted.

Have a couple of friends who bought in the area recently and they love it. Close to the train, can get onto motorway quickly and amenities at your doorstep. Having the green at your front door was a huge plus for me.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

murra wrote: »
    I bought in the Park on Saturday morning with my girlfriend. We are absolutely delighted.

Have a couple of friends who bought in the area recently and they love it. Close to the train, can get onto motorway quickly and amenities at your doorstep. Having the green at your front door was a huge plus for me.

Best of luck with it.

That’s good to hear.

Any residents, can you say how is the sound insulation in these buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

My son goes to the ET across the road and is fantastic. From what i see they are going to continue building for the next while, this could be seen as a disadvantage. i'd have no problem moving there in the morning its a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nobodysrobots

Nobody who bought or lives there is going to say anything negative about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Nobody who bought or lives there is going to say anything negative about the area.

Why? I have negative things to say where I bought my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I thought there were none left?

Let me know how you all got on regarding schools as I have heard mutterings that nearly all the schools are not taking new students or are reluctant to, which is ridiculous, surely they are not full. It means you will have to jump through a few hoops to the get the department of education to compel them to take the child.

Of all places for this to happen, Hansfield? Sher I thought they got the planning right out there. Doesn't make any sense. Are there kids coming from other areas to these schools possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Bought and living in The Park (if you can call it this as no park currently exists, we were meant to have it completed last summer and still not a builder in site, plenty of small issues but overall not too bad in the grand scheme of things, similar issues you'd find with most new developments, would recommend you join the Hansfield Wood residents group on FB to get a better sense for yourself given people will have different opinions and experiences, its a very active group and should give you some insight to life in the estate

Jammyd wrote: »
    Bought and living in The Park (if you can call it this as no park currently exists, we were meant to have it completed last summer and still not a builder in site, plenty of small issues but overall not too bad in the grand scheme of things, similar issues you'd find with most new developments, would recommend you join the Hansfield Wood residents group on FB to get a better sense for yourself given people will have different opinions and experiences, its a very active group and should give you some insight to life in the estate

Did you do a snag list before moving in? Any suggestions for snag list providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

kevincool wrote: »
    Did you do a snag list before moving in? Any suggestions for snag list providers?

Yes - plenty of options listed on the fb page can pm who I used

Jammyd wrote: »
    Yes - plenty of options listed on the fb page can pm who I used

Yes Please PM me.

Also when should we do a snag list? before or after signing the contracts?
    How was the snag list for you? Any major things which I should also look at for?
    Should I also do a structural snag list?
    Why is the location of esb substations and pillars important?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

myshirt wrote: »
    I thought there were none left?

Let me know how you all got on regarding schools as I have heard mutterings that nearly all the schools are not taking new students or are reluctant to, which is ridiculous, surely they are not full. It means you will have to jump through a few hoops to the get the department of education to compel them to take the child.

Of all places for this to happen, Hansfield? Sher I thought they got the planning right out there. Doesn't make any sense. Are there kids coming from other areas to these schools possibly?

Is this for September's Junior Infants or transfers? Transfers from other schools are difficult if schools are full.
    Regarding secondary schools, Hansfield is not part of the catchment area for Setanta, irrespective of feeder school.

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Is this for September's Junior Infants or transfers? Transfers from other schools are difficult if schools are full.
    Regarding secondary schools, Hansfield is not part of the catchment area for Setanta, irrespective of feeder school.

Which is the best school out of the 3 schools in Hansfield?

Could someone from the park residents say, are there any HAP tenants in the yellow circled areas in the picture below?

murra wrote: »

Best of luck with it.

The apartments at the start of park crescent, are you sure they are not for HAP tenants or any kind of social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Which is the best school out of the 3 schools in Hansfield?

It depends what you're looking for. All have good reputations, and most parents choose by convenience of location or faith. Hansfield ET is a Deis school, Castaheany ET in Ongar is also an educate together so also multi denominational, St Benedicts in Ongar is an RC school. The ET operate by first come first served so you can put your child's name down now for whatever year they're due to start in Junior Infants, St Benedicts takes JI enrolments each January for the following September.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The apartments at the start of park crescent, are you sure they are not for HAP tenants or any kind of social housing?

Any house can have HAP tenants in it. Owner just needs to advertise it to rent, can't legally refuse them

You are not going to find new builds without social housing and older estates have higher amounts of HAP tenants in them.

You need to buy in an older, very very expensive estate if you have as much of an issue with it as it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

The estate agent told me all properties in the Park development were privately owned and that social housing allocation was nearer the entrance of Hansfield Wood. That’s my understanding anyway.

You wouldn’t know what apartments are rented via HAP scheme. Could be privately owned and rented to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nuria Delgado

Hi Kevin,

Im planning to buy al Park Grove , Hansfield, but since the train station is so close, I think 300 meters away from the house, I'm afraid about the noise. Are you slresdy living there? Can u tell me about the train noise? Do you hear the train from Park at hansfield???
    Thanks,
    Nuria

L1011 wrote: »
    Any house can have HAP tenants in it. Owner just needs to advertise it to rent, can't legally refuse them

You are not going to find new builds without social housing and older estates have higher amounts of HAP tenants in them.

You need to buy in an older, very very expensive estate if you have as much of an issue with it as it seems

More than 100 houses have been bought by IRES who are biggest landlord crooks. I cancelled my house in Park anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

More than 100 houses have been bought by IRES who are biggest landlord crooks. I cancelled my house in Park anyhow.

That crowd ires own most houses in the Strategic Development Zone in d15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement