Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incident at Roscommon hotel (asylum seekers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Wibbs wrote: »
    And yet currently we have as Kivaro pointed out earlier: Look at the most recent example that we can read about on The Times of Ireland today. The first female asylum seeker in Ireland, originally from Malawi, to run for election in this country, has been found out to be a liar on her asylum claims. Ellie Kisyombe, who is running for Dublin City council, also tried to claim asylum in England, before being transferred back to Ireland where she had a student visa. She claims that she went into Direct Provision as soon as she applied for asylum upon arriving at Dublin airport from Malawi in 2010. However, The Times found out that she was a student at Bristol University between 2007 and 2010. Then went home to Malawi, and then flew to Dublin to claim asylum. In 2011, she flew to England in order to claim asylum there.

Yup, looks real genuine and with a neck as hard as like a jockey's bollocks she has the gall to be running for public office after "extremely questionable" tactics to come here as a "refugee" and "asylum seeker". And her supporters have equally hard necks to keep defending her? Then again Irish politicians as crooked as a fiddlers elbow tend to be popular here, so on that basis she should fit right in.

As most AS in Ireland are bogus, it isn't surprising that she is also a bogus AS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

RTE says that 'fewer than 30' (mostly non-local to the area) showed up for the protest.
    That's a small gathering by any means.

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2019/0217/1031123-rooskey-protest/
    https://img.rasset.ie/0011987c-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1097194024761524224

Once again all roads seem to lead to Soros in the minds of some.
    The man is like Keyser Soze at this stage.

How can I get on his payroll ? He seems to have an unlimited supply of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Kivaro wrote: »
    The Social Democrats has called on Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan to investigate how the Sunday Times were able to get the information on Miss Kisyombe's scam. So instead of asking for an investigation into the fraudster, they want an investigation into how her fraud was uncovered.
    Poor Maurice McCabe would have been screwed if the Social Democrats were in power during his ordeal.

This reminds me of the Nigerian Pamela Izevbekhai's scam.
    Over a million euros of Irish tax-payer funds spent on her and her multitude of appeals ...... only to confirm she was a fraudster too. At least she was deported. The Social Democrats will probably do everything they can to keep this fraudster in the country.

Entirely predictable.

Multiculturalism leads to groups within the society (and this is perfectly normal, every group does it) trying to get the best deal for their own group. People vote for their own community/group/ethnicity, identity all of that. So minorities run for election, they get voted in and they lobby the government to bring in more immigrants; working in their own interests at the expense of the native population.

The result is that your country starts to look like the foreign country.

What will also happen is that if there is a right wing party that crops up here, Fianna Fail, Fianna Gael, Sinn Fein and the PBP/Solidarity gobshìtes will do everything to keep them out, including joining together. Hey, we can't lose all that NGO and public sector moneies, can we now?

This woman should be deported, no question, but it should be noted that we're now entering into this new phase of people filling in the councils, T.D seats etc.

That's going to make things even rougher than they are now, because you can be a government in power, but when your councils, your academia, your education system is against you, its kind of hard to get stuff done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Thats quite a pity i had allot of respect for some of the social democrats because of the work done on DOB. Will have to steer clear of them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

More scum who's parents came here for a better life.
    This is how we are thanked.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/teen-brandishing-knife-among-gang-15850441.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/teen-brandishing-knife-among-gang-15850441.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Where the **** are the guards in all this, the inevitable consequences of stuff like this not being policed is more of the Roscommon crap and vigilantism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Calhoun wrote: »
    Where the **** are the guards in all this, the inevitable consequences of stuff like this not being policed is more of the Roscommon crap and vigilantism.

There out from early morning breathalizing people going to WORK. And lifting provisional drivers cars who have no passenger.

Far more important than this.

And less chance of being classed racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where in the article does it say that the teen was of immigrant parents? :confused:

Where in the article does it say that the teen was of immigrant parents? :confused:

It doesn't, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that's seen the CCTV as it doing the rounds on wats app. You are aware of the Group from Balbriggan terrorising people on the dart line ? They decided to get off at Raheny this time.

Another area where they'll meet minimum resistance. They're no fools that's for sure.

• Advertisement

It doesn't, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that's seen the CCTV as it doing the rounds on wats app. You are aware of the Group from Balbriggan terrorising people on the dart line ? They decided to get off at Raheny this time.

Another area where they'll meet minimum resistance. They're no fools that's for sure.

So nothing there, you post a link to an article and just make a general assumptiin because it suits your agenda. Well done you:rolleyes:

So nothing there, you post a link to an article and just make a general assumptiin because it suits your agenda. Well done you:rolleyes:

Thanks pal.

Thanks pal.

Not your pal

I don't like being acquainted with racists thank you.

Not your pal

Ok buddy.

Ok buddy.

At least you haven't embarrassed yourself by even attempting to deny it.

At least you haven't embarrassed yourself by even attempting to deny it.

Sound mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

yamaha50 wrote: »
    As angela merkel said after 12 german citizens were flattened by an articulated truck at the christmas market in Berlin

We lost 12 germans but we gained 1 million refugees

Amen

Can we please have a source for that quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Calhoun wrote: »

They are outside Simon and Leo's house. In case they get frightened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Nothing there?

You're kidding right. Lets see, gang of 30 from Balbriggan known to gardai for targeting areas close to the DART line.

Yeah right nothing there.

YawningOrangeAnemoneshrimp-small.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Rooskey was potatoes :o:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Not your pal

I can only assume you'd feel more at home associating with homophobes.

I can only assume you'd feel more at home associating with homophobes.

Oh here henis right on cue, post the link there snakey, you know, the one where you embarrassingly misread my post and and are now afraid to admit that you're wrong!:pac:

Oh here henis right on cue, post the link there snakey, you know, the one where you embarrassingly misread my post and and are now afraid to admit that you're wrong!:pac:

Your post history is littered with disgusting homophobic rants, they're there for all to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

BBFAN wrote: »
    Can we please have a source for that quote?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Your post history is littered with disgusting homophobic rants, they're there for all to see.

Then link a few samples.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Then link a few samples.

Oh how I'd love to do so, and will, once your lil' buddy posts a single post of mine with racist content to back up his pathethic claim;
    Would you like to point out what part of my post is "sh/te" or would you prefer to obfuscate the discussion by posting frivolous nonsense?

Your whole posting history is blatantly racist fearmongering sh/te.

Lads, games up, facts are not on your side, apologists for the increase in sexual violence and homophobia in every state where a large influx of muslim migrants has occurred are thankfully just a loud minority. All the name calling in the world will not stop this discourse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Disgusting, if you think it's bad now, wait another 10/15 years.
    Time bomb.

And the left endorse this.
    Think about that.

TomSweeney wrote: »

Disgusting, if you think it's bad now, wait another 10/15 years.
    Time bomb.

And the left endorse this.
    Think about that.

Thankfully the Far Left are dwindling rapidly.

Thankfully the Far Left are dwindling rapidly.

Not fast enough. Damage already done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Nothing there?

You're kidding right. Lets see, gang of 30 from Balbriggan known to gardai for targeting areas close to the DART line.

Yeah right nothing there.

Seeing as the article gives scant details, it’s understandable that people are wondering about its relevance to this thread.

GinAndBitter said this:

But the article says nothing about the ethnicities of the gang members. Maybe this gang’s make up is common knowledge in some parts of Dublin, I don’t know. But not my part anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

He assumed correct. They are from balbriggan, are black and most are beneficiaries of our states generous social provisions. That isn`t a generalisation either, I live in balbriggan and see it on a daily basis.

Does stating facts make you racist nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

You only have to look at recent data for Eng&Wales for young offenders rates, the 'majority' are either 'black or from ethnic groups'.
    But only make up what <10-15%c?, of the entire populaiton.

There are likely various causes, poverty and so on.

Perhaps the biggest one is a cycle of 'gang culture' - related to lack of parential supervision.
    Many young teenage lads are attracted to gangs where there is no male role model present at home.
    Instead they seek validation from the groups Aplha male, who is likely the most voilent and agressive charachter.
    Younger AS in DP centres (by it's nature) aren't unfortunately raised in traditional family structures, and may require extra resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

You only have to look at recent data for Eng&Wales for young offenders rates, the 'majority' are either 'black or from ethnic groups'.
    But only make up what <10-15%c?, of the entire populaiton.

There are likely various causes, poverty and so on.

Perhaps the biggest one is a cycle of 'gang culture' - related to lack of parential supervision.
    Many young teenage lads are attracted to gangs where there is no male role model present at home.
    Instead they seek validation from the groups Aplha male, who is likely the most voilent and agressive charachter.
    Younger AS in DP centres (by it's nature) aren't unfortunately raised in traditional family structures, and may require extra resources.

A whole lot of interesting stuff there, that needs an honest conversation, but unfortunately it's just shut down and shouted down by the hard left as RACIST!!!!

He assumed correct. They are from balbriggan, are black and most are benefactors of our states generous social provisions. That isn`t a generalisation either, I live in balbriggan and see it on a daily basis.

Does stating facts make you racist nowadays?
    Sorry but yes to a good gee on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Oh how I'd love to do so, and will, once your lil' buddy posts a single post of mine with racist content to back up his pathethic claim;

You made the claim, you back it up.

• Advertisement

Post one

Post one

Why? You know what you wrote.

You want me to post evidence of your homophobia, no problem, I'll do so right after you quote one racist statement which I have made to substantiate your pathethic mud-slinging in lieu of debate,
    Would you like to point out what part of my post is "sh/te" or would you prefer to obfuscate the discussion by posting frivolous nonsense?

Your whole posting history is blatantly racist fearmongering sh/te.

Now considering I called you out on this lie over a week ago and since then you have not been able to produce one racist post from myself I only expect you to disappear into the ether once more until you next leap on the opportunity to post one of your homophobic tirades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Jesus Christ lads, grow up. It's back and forth like two 12 year olds now.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Jesus Christ lads, grow up. It's back and forth like two 12 year olds now.

You asked for a source from Snake Plisken.

Why? You know what you wrote.

You want me to post evidence of your homophobia, no problem, I'll do so right after you quote one racist statement which I have made to substantiate your pathethic mud-slinging in lieu of debate,

Now considering I called you out on this lie over a week ago and since then you have not been able to produce one racist post from myself I only expect you to disappear into the ether once more until you next leap on the opportunity to post one of your homophobic tirades.

Ohhh poor snakey, can't back up your false claim? Didnt think so but nice try kiddo ;)

• Advertisement

can't back up your false claim? Didnt think so but nice try kiddo ;)
    Oh but I can, and I will, right after you back up your pathethic claim about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Oh but I can, and I will, right after you back up your pathethic claim about me.
    Spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kathy-sheridan-do-the-contradictions-in-ellie-kisyombe-s-story-matter-1.3799397

This article has made me so angry this morning.

Hope you can read it, its basically this loony left wing journalist describing what appears to be an untruthful account from an illegal alien as "contradictions". This political candidate for the Social Democrats has tried to hoodwink Irish officialdom about her entry to this country to prevent deportation and she is now brazen enough about her status to apply for political office. Sheridan compares her to a couple living illegally in the States as if two wrongs make a right, I have no sympathy for Irish illegal aliens in the States either, why should they have the same status as someone who gets everything in order legally and waits their turn to be approved.

The States is a huge country and can absorb some level of illegal entry.Ireland is tiny and we have huge health and housing problems, this woman should have been deported nine years ago and here we are now watching her asking for votes.

Sheridan mentions that the Irish Times gave her a full positive spread in the weekend magazine a few weeks ago, obviously this rag never checked out her story and Sheridan is now saying the Sunday Times is racist and should have buried this story on page six. Sheridan has the gall to ask does it matter that this woman version of how she arrived here is incorrect, is this the position we are now to have here, stay long enough presumably getting free legal aid fighting deportation orders and eventually you can stay.

What a farce of a system.

tretorn wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kathy-sheridan-do-the-contradictions-in-ellie-kisyombe-s-story-matter-1.3799397

This article has made me so angry this morning.

Hope you can read it, its basically this loony left wing journalist describing what appears to be an untruthful account from an illegal alien as "contradictions". This political candidate for the Social Democrats has tried to hoodwink Irish officialdom about her entry to this country to prevent deportation and she is now brazen enough about her status to apply for political office. Sheridan compares her to a couple living illegally in the States as if two wrongs make a right, I have no sympathy for Irish illegal aliens in the States either, why should they have the same status as someone who gets everything in order legally and waits their turn to be approved.

The States is a huge country and can absorb some level of illegal entry.Ireland is tiny and we have huge health and housing problems, this woman should have been deported nine years ago and here we are now watching her asking for votes.

Sheridan mentions that the Irish Times gave her a full positive spread in the weekend magazine a few weeks ago, obviously this rag never checked out her story and Sheridan is now saying the Sunday Times is racist and should have buried this story on page six. Sheridan has the gall to ask does it matter that this woman version of how she arrived here is incorrect, is this the position we are now to have here, stay long enough presumably getting free legal aid fighting deportation orders and eventually you can stay.

What a farce of a system.

Ok. Article has no effect on me at all. Its just one on a long list of let's all embrace diversity articles that fills our news at the moment to cover up the complete mess our DP centres and asylum processes are.
    Irelands changing and not for the better. We learned nothing from our neighbors

Billy86 wrote: »

That in your head me calling someone a "Spoofer" is confirmation of Timbear's disgusting claim that my post history is littered with racist tirades is deeply indicative of the logical disconnect inherit to the Far-Left. You don't wish to debate the statistical evidence that clearly identifies the deep routed misogyny and homophobia within the Muslim ideology, fine, but if you call someone a racist for wishing to debate exactly that, expect to be called out on it. Apologists for homophobia and sexual violence are a blot on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I wonder why my posts get mysteriously deleted someone gets annoyed by fact .

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I wonder why my posts get mysteriously deleted someone gets annoyed by fact .

Alot of people think facts don't matter but political correctness does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Why aren't local people ever consulted about whether they want DP centres in the middle of their areas why should they have to put up or shut up why should they be told what to do by virtue signalling middle class twits who have never set foot in their neighbourhood, i don't think these same middle class folk would tolerate anyone else coming to their own neighbourhood telling them what to do so can they do the courtesy returning the favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Who are these people anyway? Hope they were all properly vetted.

Mutant z wrote: »
    Why aren't local people ever consulted about whether they want DP centres in the middle of their areas why should they have to put up or shut up why should they be told what to do by virtue signalling middle class twits who have never set foot in their neighbourhood, i don't think these same middle class folk would tolerate anyone else coming to their own neighbourhood telling them what to do so can they do the courtesy returning the favour.

If Rooskey is like my own border home town then most people with a few quid will live in a one off outside the town anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement