Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Frozen and red Screen

Options
  • 12-02-2019 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi can anyone help me I was just working on a document everything started to slow foe down do I tried to close a few tabs and log off internet and everything stoped .I tried to power off but it went back to login and the screen went red and it’s frozen.Time 00:15 it’s now 00:51 I can move mouse.Any help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cyan and magenta artifacts/errors are common with GPU failures.

If that is whats happened its a "logic board" replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paulmcn81

Let it cool down for several hours and try it again. The GPU heats up so much in these that it can mess with the soldering. There a few cheap hacks to fix this like placing the board in the oven on its own for several minutes at 160 degrees but its a big risk.

However if its beyond repair its worth it I have got a few macs up and running again this way.

Do it at your own risk though and the fix may only last a week or a month or a year in my case.

Advertisement