Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Sold to Start Mortgage s

• 12-02-2019 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi more looking for piece of mind etc. I was with PTSB and finished up with a trial arangment in December on my mortgage arrears. as part of the offer there was to be a term extension and consolidation of arrears 23k onto my mortage. I got the re structure offer from Ptsb last month and was told it would not be set up by Jan but would be for February. I signed and sent the offer back as soon as i got it and kept a.copy for myself. My question is am I right that start have honour this restructure as it was signed witnessed and sent back before they took over the mortgage on the start of this month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

thegrizz wrote: »
    Hi more looking for piece of mind etc. I was with PTSB and finished up with a trial arangment in December on my mortgage arrears. as part of the offer there was to be a term extension and consolidation of arrears 23k onto my mortage. I got the re structure offer from Ptsb last month and was told it would not be set up by Jan but would be for February. I signed and sent the offer back as soon as i got it and kept a.copy for myself. My question is am I right that start have honour this restructure as it was signed witnessed and sent back before they took over the mortgage on the start of this month.

If you signed the ARA agreement document and returned it to the bank then there's a contract to provide the term extension and capitalisation of the arrears.

Start should apply it however I wouldn't be surprised if it fell through the cracks, the fact that you retained your copy gives you proof that the agreement exists and should ensure you will get the ARA even if it initially isn't applied.

I would suggest contacting start to query/confirm the ARA start date.

Advertisement