Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank introducing transaction charges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Submitted documents in branch on March 13th to complete KBC account opening - still no word back from them. Hope they're not this slow with everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Submitted documents in branch on March 13th to complete KBC account opening - still no word back from them. Hope they're not this slow with everything else.

Took about 10 days all in all for the account to be up and running for me. Did everything by phone and e-Mail. Give them a call and see what the story is. They might be flat out opening new accounts at the moment thanks to Ulster Bank :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

You’ll find KBC are even worse than UB. The hubs can’t do much other than accept post for head office and offer you a Nespresso. Mind you UB going that way without Nespresso option. I intend to pay less than current €4 a month fees with UB by transferring €1k for monthly expenses to Revolut and using N26 as posters above. Stuck with UB for “loyalty” mortgage rate.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I had KBC current account and credit card approved in about a week. Did it all through the app. Thought it was pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

My UB account is now closed. Done within a few days of sending my letter last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

And now i see that UB are removing the pay contacts from the app. Are they trying to p1ss people off or what

It certainly seems that way.

Why Henry? Whhhhhhyyy? :confused:

KBC extra saver bonus rate going down to 1.5% from 1.75% from the end of May. Oh well, it’s 1.5% better than I was getting with UB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got a call from KBC - UB blocked my switch because signatures don't match. So now I need to call into an UB branch to update the signature that they have. /sigh

KBC account itself up and running

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Got a call from KBC - UB blocked my switch because signatures don't match. So now I need to call into an UB branch to update the signature that they have. /sigh

Ugghhh....that's infuriating :mad:

My switch is currently in progress so hoping I don't have any snags like that tbh.

KBC account up and running no bother; will be closing UB accounts later this month

Will be closing my UB account on Friday once my pay comes though to my KBC account. Did the switching of DD's and pay manually. Pretty much just using my KBC account now, no issues with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

van_beano wrote: »
    KBC extra saver bonus rate going down to 1.5% from 1.75% from the end of May. Oh well, it’s 1.5% better than I was getting with UB.

And that's just the bonus on top of the standard 0.35%.

I'd imagine it'll reduce again in 6 months. Rabo did exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Is it possible to move my ulster bank to my revoult account for good as I use revoult almost daily and like the vault option.

Is it possible to move my ulster bank to my revoult account for good as I use revoult almost daily and like the vault option.

Could you make a transfer once a week or once month to Revolut and stop using your Ulsterbank card?

Either that or switch to N26 or EBS Money Manager. I wouldn't recommend only having Revolut. Use it as your daily card but have a second option.

Wheety wrote: »
    Could you make a transfer once a week or once month to Revolut and stop using your Ulsterbank card?

Either that or switch to N26 or EBS Money Manager. I wouldn't recommend only having Revolut. Use it as your daily card but have a second option.

Thanks just looking at n26 now.fecking revoult looking for new form of I'd now cos of brexit and won't take my drivers licence. Now to find my passport ffs

Thanks just looking at n26 now.fecking revoult looking for new form of I'd now cos of brexit and won't take my drivers licence. Now to find my passport ffs

The vault is great though.

The vault is great though.

Great way to save when u don't even know u are doing it. Rounding up is a great idea and if used all the time u will build up a nice little kitty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Something similar happened to me. Recently separated and opened KBC account in maiden name but UB account was in my married name. Despite providing marriage cert, birth cert and 2 forms of ID in maiden name, UB froze the switch and wouldn't let me continue unless I put KBC account in my married name. Eh, no thanks. So I just manually set up DDs and SOs with KBC and closed my UB account.

Great way to save when u don't even know u are doing it. Rounding up is a great idea and if used all the time u will build up a nice little kitty

Took out €500 a while ago. Started again and I'm already up to €60.

Have x 2 change and €10 a week going into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

fecking revoult looking for new form of I'd now cos of brexit and won't take my drivers licence. Now to find my passport ffs

I think the passport is only needed if there's a hard Brexit.

No way the english politicians would be crazy enough to leave that happen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭HBC08

Begrudgingly put 3000 in my UB current account today. I have a lot of dd and SO going and coming into the account and thought it would be too much trouble and too time consuming to switch.A bit dissappointed in myself.

• Advertisement

HBC08 wrote: »
    Begrudgingly put 3000 in my UB current account today. I have a lot of dd and SO going and coming into the account and thought it would be too much trouble and too time consuming to switch.A bit dissappointed in myself.

You’ve replaced the €3k that I have transferred out on Thurs! Accounts closed now, took about a day for them to process the request. Spent about 10 mins in branch to initiate closure, no forms to sign.

I only had 10 DD’s to switch which I’ve been doing over the last 4 weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

HBC08 wrote:

As far as I could figure out, KBC handle all the DD switches. I only have one so I didn't bother asking further but it might be worth asking them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

When I switched from BOI to Ulster Bank 10 years ago, they only succeeded in switching 1 out of 9 DDs. I only found out when the mortgage people rang up looking for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

I closed my UB current account and had to pay for it, even though I'd left 3000 in my account before going into the branch - it's the only fees I've paid them and made me glad I left! They also closed my savings account that I'd already cleared out. Never even asked why I was closing it. They asked for my debit card back and I also gave them the card reader I had.

I got the balance in cash, went to credit union and opened an account with it.

I changed my one and only DDs myself - when I switched to UB from AIB (when they introduced fees), the DD didn't transfer over and the policy lapsed so I didn't want to chance that happening again.

I closed my UB current account and had to pay for it, even though I'd left 3000 in my account before going into the branch - it's the only fees I've paid them and made me glad I left! They also closed my savings account that I'd already cleared out. Never even asked why I was closing it. They asked for my debit card back and I also gave them the card reader I had.

I got the balance in cash, went to credit union and opened an account with it.

I changed my one and only DDs myself - when I switched to UB from AIB (when they introduced fees), the DD didn't transfer over and the policy lapsed so I didn't want to chance that happening again.

Did they owe you any interest on the savings account? I'll be closing one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Did they owe you any interest on the savings account? I'll be closing one too.

I'd already cleared that one out - never thought to check on interest!

And, good news, EBS will have contactless debit cards from June (I think it is) this year. I'll only have to wait two years to get one LOL! TBF, only got contactless with UB last year.

Just got confirmation that the same thing has happened in my case.

Given that I was about 10 when I opened the UB account it's going to be fairly fupping likely that my signatures don't match lol.

A total pain in the h0le tbh....might look into manually switching the DDs myself now altogether

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just got confirmation that the same thing has happened in my case.

Given that I was about 10 when I opened the UB account it's going to be fairly fupping likely that my signatures don't match lol.

A total pain in the h0le tbh....might look into manually switching the DDs myself now altogether

Jaysus Cartman, you’ve been following this thread as long as I’ve been (sometime in Feb!) You’ve should have taken the manual switching journey I went on back then!

I’m out the other side now, I’m 7 days “UB free” now, last time I was “UB free” Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” was the UK No 1 and Everton were the league champions. Maybe my UB account has been a hex holding both parties back in their chosen professions.

• Advertisement

A rookie mistake indeed...for some reason I thought it would be a complete tangled mess of a process to do myself.

Actually have most of them changed myself now online no bother at all...just need to confirm a couple next week over the phone and that should be it.

In fairness to myself, when I set them up it was a clunky paper based process, it seems a lot more streamlined now :-)

Advertisement