Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank introducing transaction charges

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭ATC110

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Did anyone here actually stay with Ulster Bank in the end??

Would be interested to hear how the charges panned out in reality

Yes, maintaining a balance >€3000 and paying €2 a month in charges; I can live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I did like an eejit...got a statement saying I paid €153 in fees for last year which of course was only from April to December. Finally changed over to KBC last month.

Wow!
    I have a BOI business account and would close to that. That's crazy fees for a private account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I stayed too luckily I'm on the 10 a month account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Did anyone here actually stay with Ulster Bank in the end??

Would be interested to hear how the charges panned out in reality

I have a ufirst account so paying 10e a month and no other fees. It was getting me 0.1% off my mortgage rate but as soon as that is nearly gone.

The biggest plus for me is the 25% cashback on Tickemaster tickets. I got €120 back on one concert alone last year which covers the entire years fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

My current account is just €2 per month with Ulster Bank. As, luckily, I can keep a balance over €3k there's no transaction fees on top of that.
    CURRENT ACCOUNT
    €2 per month plus transaction fees (unless you keep €3k in your account each month). If you are aged 66 or over these fees do not apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm surprised at the amount of people that are comfortable leaving 3k+ in their current account. I leave enough in there for rent and bills and weekly expenses, the rest goes to my savings account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I'm surprised at the amount of people that are comfortable leaving 3k+ in their current account. I leave enough in there for rent and bills and weekly expenses, the rest goes to my savings account.

What rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

FFVII wrote: »
    What rate?

Feck all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's easy enough to roll it over every month. I have a monthly transfer to savings as well. €3k in a savings account won't give you €30 interest at the moment but what would it save per year in transaction fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FFVII wrote: »
    What rate?

I meant security wise. If I lose my card/phone, I won't be fretting about anyone having potential access to a large amount of cash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just be paranoid of something coming out that I'd forget about and then I'm under the 3,000 balance and get hit with fees. I honestly don't know why everyone hasn't moved. The fees are crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That's some whack of an increase
    With KBC now - 2 euro a month, no other charges except ATM withdrawals (do cashback when I need cash)
    It's like they don't want customers to come in to the bank so they can close them all down

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

fritzelly wrote: »
    That's some whack of an increase
    With KBC now - 2 euro a month, no other charges except ATM withdrawals (do cashback when I need cash)
    It's like they don't want customers to come in to the bank so they can close them all down

Is that the KBC extra current account? If so, there are no fees once you have 2,000 a month deposited into the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is that the KBC extra current account? If so, there are no fees once you have 2,000 a month deposited into the account.

Standard account

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

fritzelly wrote: »
    Standard account

You can transfer money in and straight out again from the credit union or any other external source from KBC to make up the €2000. It doesn't all have to be wages. That's what I did when it was €2500 to qualify for free fees.

Advertisement