Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Independant Park Cork Gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Hi all, can anyone say whether the stage times have been fairly accurate so far for these concerts? Heading along tonight and keen not to miss Gerry Cinnamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls looks like a washout tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Balls looks like a washout tonight

Been raining since I woke just after 8. Least it won't be a muddy venue though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

siblers wrote: »
    Jaysus, Hudson Taylor and Gavin James are ****ing ****e. I'd say a lot of people would have gone just for Sigrid

Dont see much of a difference between the three personally, that set of acts was the worst of the lot. I will say Gavin james is a big enough act to be able to draft in last minute, ****e as he is, so theyve actually done fairly well to get him (even if he is a native).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just checked in to the Travelodge on Kinsale Road. Any kind local want to give a Dub a pub to aim for that brings us closer to ground that will be showing Leinster Final and doesn’t involve too much walking in the rain?

Budweiser optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

hibsman wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone say whether the stage times have been fairly accurate so far for these concerts? Heading along tonight and keen not to miss Gerry Cinnamon.
    Stage times were spot on for all three acts on Thursday night.

august12 wrote: »
    Stage times were spot on for all three acts on Thursday night.

Cheers for that. Seems to be some confusion over Gerry Cinnamon stage time tonight. 19.00 or 19.45 I wonder? Guess I'll just make sure in there for 7. Looks like the rain has eased a fair bit too thankfully!

On route now from Waterford

No drinking allowed on the bus after me bringing cans. Bus full of teens singing Gerry Cinnamon. God get me a drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

hibsman wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Seems to be some confusion over Gerry Cinnamon stage time tonight. 19.00 or 19.45 I wonder? Guess I'll just make sure in there for 7. Looks like the rain has eased a fair bit too thankfully!

https://mcd.ie/liam-gallagher-support-acts-stage-times-public-information/

But subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What did Liam play after Champagne Supernova?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

siblers wrote: »
    What did Liam play after Champagne Supernova?

Nothing, afaik

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry f*ckin Cinnamon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Report Liam was decent!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Report Liam was decent!?

I enjoyed it, good mix of his own newer songs and the older oasis classics.
    Very good buzz around there and a fantastic venue, simple to get in and out of with the park and ride open.
    Hopefully it's back again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Brilliant gig, really enjoyed it. Gerry Cinnamon got the crowd going and his energy was fantastic. Liam delivered the goods as I thought he would.

My personal favourite was Slide Away, I was singing my heart out during it and it was nearly worth the entrance fee on its own.

I will definitely go back there again as it’s a great little venue.

Felt it a weird but enjoyable gig

Very young crowd with imo were only there for Gerry Cinnamon who was good dont get me wrong. Liam was good but the crowd were quite low for him compared too Cinnamon imo. The rain and big venue prob overwhelmed Liams gig imo. Felt short enough set but loved hearing the oasis tunes but was odd sitting in a half empty stand for it.

A tipsy thought but I think the brothers together is the best way too her the oasis stuff live its not the same in solo bands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

ive been to a few oasis gigs,and saw noel and liam solo too
    tonights gig was the closest thing to being at an oasis gig
    liam loved it too, you could tell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

all i need are cigarettes and ****ing Cork

https://twitter.com/archermichael69/status/1142944484633825282

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Felt it a weird but enjoyable gig

Very young crowd with imo were only there for Gerry Cinnamon who was good dont get me wrong. Liam was good but the crowd were quite low for him compared too Cinnamon imo. The rain and big venue prob overwhelmed Liams gig imo. Felt short enough set but loved hearing the oasis tunes but was odd sitting in a half empty stand for it.

A tipsy thought but I think the brothers together is the best way too her the oasis stuff live its not the same in solo bands

There was no issue with the rain or a low crowd on the pitch. We were close enough to the front, probably 25/30 people back and the atmosphere was electric. I was reliving my youth bouncing around like an epileptic bunny rabbit. I'm waaay to old for that now tho and have just gotten up to take an anti inflammatory. My back is shattered like a wall of glass!!

I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. Id happily see him again down there next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Great gig unreal set list but.....

Crowd were a disgrace absolutely chock a block full of bell ends. Throwing pint glasses at each other throughout the gig also fighting each other inside and outside the venue. Liam was on top form greatest hits of oasis all night pity the crowd were scum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Also for those of you who know abt oasis - who was on guitar for a good few songs - twas himself fcukin
    Bonehead

mean gene wrote: »
    Also for those of you who know abt oasis - who was on guitar for a good few songs - twas himself fcukin
    Bonehead

On his birthday too.

Excellent gig, both acts put on a great show. First time at a gig in Musgrave Park and it was impressive as a venue. Walked into Turners Cross for a pint afterwards. Everything closed up at 11 and there were hardly any taxis. Maybe we should have headed for the city but it seemed strangely quiet around after such a big gig. Any other night bar Sunday and there may have been a better atmosphere around. Still thoroughly enjoyed the night though, hopefully more of the same next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Blown away by both acts. Couldn't wait to finally see Gerry live. Did not disappoint!

Venue excellent. Great atmosphere on the pitch throughout. Was very near the stage and the crowd really made the night for me.

Sound was far superior here than at Liam's gig at Malahide last year imo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Unbelievable gig, Gerry C and Liam in top form and the crowd were nuts. The novelty of having a few pints in my local and walking up to watch one of my favourites was brilliant, I was listening to him sing Morning Glory and Wall of Glass from my bedroom window at about 3 during soundcheck.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I like Musgrave Park as a venue. Easy to get in and out of. Much prefer the venue to the Marquee.

Lauryn Hill left without an encore. Seemed annoyed all through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Deco99 wrote: »
    Lauryn Hill left without an encore. Seemed annoyed all through

Heard was terrible and was only on for 50 minutes? She has serious anger issues that one

Advertisement