Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 VW Passat CC - good buy?

• 12-02-2019 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at this later today (2011 VW Passat CC 2.0 TDI, 110k miles):

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-passat-2-0-tdi-cc-gt-bmt-138bh/20597081?campaign=6

Seems to be relatively decent price, assuming I can get a couple of hundred off that on a straight deal and it has a good service history.

I'm looking for a diesel car around the 10k mark - I tend not to do any short drives as I work from home 3 days a week, other two days a week I'm doing 60 motorway miles each way.

Am I mad to consider this, i.e. better off spending the same money on something like a 2012 Passat with lower mileage?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Have the same car, same year, lower mileage etc. but with some extras above that - DSG, auto parking, larger nav screen etc. and paid 9k for it last summer bringing it in from the uk myself. So its a little tasty price wise. Not worth the asking price.

Overall lovely car, no issues so far, reliable, refined and seats are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭chancer007

any particular place in the uk that stocks alot of VW?
    cargiant seems to have lots of bmw/audi etc..
    the pasatt cc are a nice looking car, Thinking of changing this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Im actually selling an 11 GT model on adverts.

Some things to look out for:
    Heater blower. Mine failed and had to be replaced
    Rear brake Calipers are known to seize
    Electronic handbrake switch is know to stop working. Try it a few times make sure it feels rights.

Apart from that i found it a very comfortable and reliable car.

Advertisement