Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages/Hens thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Imperial Hotel on Eyre Square sorted our group out a few weeks ago, they have a deal steak and pint for €20. Was lovely food, not a great venue, just stay for food and then bail out!

Cheers man, tell me, was the group spread out over a few tables, or were they catered all together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

scriba wrote: »
    Cheers man, tell me, was the group spread out over a few tables, or were they catered all together?

14 of us and they catered for us all together on one table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi can anyone recommend paintball in Galway , am heading there for a stag weekend and need to organize Paintball .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that the closest paintball places to Galway are Westport, Limerick and Mullingar.

Alternatively, there's a great karting track out in Tynagh, and an indoor track in Liosban.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a place in Roscommon, www.battlebridgepaintball.ie, not sure if that's closer or better. Last I went with work we went to Limerick.
    Maybe the folks in Paintball forum would know.

You can also read this thread for options like karting, pureskill etc for stags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 joeymaccy

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a big house that could accommodate 15-20 in Galway (close to city) for a stag. Any ideas?
    X

Tbh, I think it'll be tricky to find someone to let their house out for that reason. Also the place would probably be outside the city centre.
    With that many people you could look into getting a whole dorm in a hostel (they probably won't like parties in the dorm though, if that's an issue).
    www.barnacles.ie
    www.snoozleshostelgalway.ie
    www.galwaycityhostel.com
    www.sleepzone.ie
    www.kinlaygalway.ie

Some hotels have stag deals but of course would be pricier than a hostel

The user "Comic Book Guy" in the above thread had a similar question, you can check with him how he got sorted in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

I organised a stag last October and we stayed in the imperial hotel. Very central,affordable and made for stags.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

There is a Burlesq and Cabaret show on firday the 5th if yee are interested in someting a little bit different and glamours ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 mr.correct

WHERE CAN I GET FUNNY STAG DRESS UP STUFF COSTUMES AND WIGS AND STUFF ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Joke Shop I'd imagine. Or try the €2 store as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mr.correct wrote: »
    WHERE CAN I GET FUNNY STAG DRESS UP STUFF COSTUMES AND WIGS AND STUFF ??
    YOU CAN GET THEM IN WOODIES OUT BY THE G HOTEL,THEY HAVE A SECTION FOR PARTIES.OOPS CAPS!!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

How do,
    Mate's stag in a few weeks so organising it for Galway. There'll be 20 of us, aged 28-33 all from Dublin. No messers in the bunch at all. Ideally, we would want to do a pub crawl. Pub golf is the idea mentioned so everyone will be kitted out in golfing attire. Have we a hope of getting in anywhere like this? I'm planning a 9-hole course so 9 bars over the course of the day, strictly limited to 1 drink/bar. We're not scumbags but I can see the predicament 20 people can find themselves in, trying to get all of us into a bar. the crawl will start early (2ish). Would it be better to count our losses, forget about the golf, and focus on just getting everyone into anywhere? Do bouncers operate on all main bars from an early time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Maybe you could try plan the pubs before hand, and call them to check if they'll be ok with your group?

How do,
    Mate's stag in a few weeks so organising it for Galway. There'll be 20 of us, aged 28-33 all from Dublin. No messers in the bunch at all. Ideally, we would want to do a pub crawl. Pub golf is the idea mentioned so everyone will be kitted out in golfing attire. Have we a hope of getting in anywhere like this? I'm planning a 9-hole course so 9 bars over the course of the day, strictly limited to 1 drink/bar. We're not scumbags but I can see the predicament 20 people can find themselves in, trying to get all of us into a bar. the crawl will start early (2ish). Would it be better to count our losses, forget about the golf, and focus on just getting everyone into anywhere? Do bouncers operate on all main bars from an early time?

Bouncers dont generally start in the main pubs until around nine, some pubs wont welcome large groups of stags in general let alone in costume. Plenty of places will though and as its during the day there wont be as much hassle for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

anyone know what time pubs close at tonight?

Wondering does the bank holiday matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Looking for a hotel for a gang of lads on a stag night, (Galway city ish) needs to be notting special just a bed for the night and cheap...
    I rang the eglinton where we used to stay years ago, its now for asylum seekers, pity it was a great place back in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Looking for a hotel for a gang of lads on a stag night, (Galway city ish) needs to be notting special just a bed for the night and cheap...
    I rang the eglinton where we used to stay years ago, its now for asylum seekers, pity it was a great place back in the day...

sounds like one of the hostels would do the job for ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Barnacles across from The Quays you can't go wrong for a stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

This thread should have some answers for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Thx so far lads hostel is a start whats the cheepest hotel hotel now in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're a stag expect to pay a behaviour bond. If you're well behaved they are all cheap enough.

See www.hostelworld.com for reviews and prices. But you'll have to ring up to book.

Thx so far lads hostel is a start whats the cheepest hotel hotel now in Galway

Travelodge on the Tuam Rd is consistently the cheapest hotel, 20 minute walk from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Victoria Hotel would be ideal for a stag group i'd think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

If any stags/hens are looking for help in Galway, drop me a message and I can help you out/take care of you. Sorry if this counts as advertising my wares or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tomo81

Hi all

Wondering if I would have to book/reserve a bar or two in advance for a stag party soon in Galway and where perhaps? Would we be able to go into most places dressed up and all or is it frowned upon and limited to just a few places? Thanks

Tim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've moved this to the Galway City forum because you're more likely to get replies here.

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You can rooms in a lot of bars, and most places will take stag parties these days, behaviour rather than dress is key.

What sort of night out are you looking for?

• Advertisement

Tomo, I've added your question to a big thread we have with lots of recommendations. Have a read and welcome to Galway for a stag :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement