Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation letter acknowledgement?

Options
  • 12-02-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Good morning,
    I could not get through on the phone to eir so sent a letter to the address mentioned on the eir.ie site to provide notification of cancellation. It has been 2.5 weeks and have not heard anything back. Do EIR acknowledge the letter and cancellation in any way?
    Contract signed was originally for 2 years and ended in August 2018. What are next steps? 

Letter was sent on 27/01 to:
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Switchers team,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]eir[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Floor 2,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Heuston South Quarter,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]St. John’s Road,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Dublin 8[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I would log a formal complaint on the eir website: https://www.eir.ie/complaints/
    Just say the above: wrote the letter, 2.5 weeks have passed without an answer.
    This should be confirmed automatically, you should receive an email immediately.

They should contact you within 48 hours, at which point you might be able to find out if they processed the cancelation request.
    If you get no answer on the complaint for 10 working days, you can take your matter to ComReg. 

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jfk

JoyPad wrote: »
    I would log a formal complaint on the eir website: https://www.eir.ie/complaints/
    Just say the above: wrote the letter, 2.5 weeks have passed without an answer.
    This should be confirmed automatically, you should receive an email immediately.

They should contact you within 48 hours, at which point you might be able to find out if they processed the cancelation request.
    If you get no answer on the complaint for 10 working days, you can take your matter to ComReg. 
    Thanks JoyPad for the quick answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jfk wrote: »
    Good morning,
    I could not get through on the phone to eir so sent a letter to the address mentioned on the eir.ie site to provide notification of cancellation. It has been 2.5 weeks and have not heard anything back. Do EIR acknowledge the letter and cancellation in any way?
    Contract signed was originally for 2 years and ended in August 2018. What are next steps? 

Letter was sent on 27/01 to:
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Switchers team,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]eir[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Floor 2,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Heuston South Quarter,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]St. John’s Road,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Dublin 8[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    Hi jfk, 

Could you PM the following details and I  can check if your letter was received?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jfk

PM sent Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jfk wrote: »
    PM sent Grainne