Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you been on the housing list?

Options
  • 12-02-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Am wondering what the average wait time is? I am on it 5 years, single mother of 2 currently living in my parental home. Am on the dun laoghaire rathdown housing list. How long have you been waiting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Not me, but I know someone in your situation is six years waiting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

torcherer wrote: »
    Am wondering what the average wait time is? I am on it 5 years, single mother of 2 currently living in my parental home. Am on the dun laoghaire rathdown housing list. How long have you been waiting?
    DLR Housing list is moving very slow with additions every day. I know plenty houses/flats occupied by widows/widowers which should really be allocated to family and these people given one bed apartments in their area. I accept that it is tough to expect elderly people to move from their life long home but there is a crisis and the right housing supports would encourage them to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

We were on the list 17 years. Just got a house recently. We were with RAS fot the last 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I’m also the same, have one child and living in family home still. Am on the list over 5 years and no sign of anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ofallypam

Just wondered if anyone has any advice. I am a single mother with 1 young child, nobody wants to rent to me let alone accept HAP. The housing waiting list seems more geared to people who have been on it a long time and I’m not on it that long. I’m living with my ex partner but I don’t know how long more that can last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement