Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A6 (warning lights)

• 12-02-2019 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

hi all,

First of all, sorry for the long post.

I recently had my car (audi A6 2013) serviced (timing belt done, brake pad replaced).

A couple of days after the service, multiple warning lights started to appear at random times.

2 weeks ago, while driving the amber Stabilization control Fault (ESC), tyre pressure and fault in brake system light showed up. And very quickly after the amber glow plugs light started to flash. This was followed by an amber ABS warning light. (see photos attached)

I was a bit shocked to see so many warning lights on at the same time.:eek: And not sure if any of these warning lights are linked to what was done on my car by the garage.

Anyway Car passed NCT last week and I was told one of the Tyre needs replacing as the thread depth is at the legal minimum. So I did that and hoping that some of these warning lights could be linked to the worn tyre. But after replacing the tyre all of these warning lights came back again.

During the previous 2 weeks, I also had another warning light showed up twice indicating one of the tyre is under-inflated. I checked both times and could see that indeed it required air to be inflated. (maybe a sign of slow puncture?:confused:) I am going to get this checked out this week by a local garage.

I have my car booked in to the garage who serviced it for a diagnose, but just wanted to see if any of you might be able to give me some idea as to what I am dealing with.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

What are the measurements of all 4x tyres?

You say one tyre was at the legal minimum, why wasn't the other on the same axle nearly the same thread depth? Now that's replaced with a new 8mm tyre there still may be a large variance.

I've seen a good few cases before of ABS/ TPMS faults where there are mismatched tyres on the same axle and not even mismatched in terms of tread depth but even ones with similar tread depth but different brands.

That said, it's mostly guesswork until you get the codes read and someone has a look at the car.

tart29016 wrote: »
    I recently had my car (audi A6 2013) serviced (timing belt done, brake pad replaced).

A couple of days after the service, multiple warning lights started to appear at random times.

Bring it straight back to whoever serviced it....I'm sure they didn't just do your timing belt and brake pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tart29016

What are the measurements of all 4x tyres?

You say one tyre was at the legal minimum, why wasn't the other on the same axle nearly the same thread depth? Now that's replaced with a new 8mm tyre there still may be a large variance.

I've seen a good few cases before of ABS/ TPMS faults where there are mismatched tyres on the same axle and not even mismatched in terms of tread depth but even ones with similar tread depth but different brands.

That said, it's mostly guesswork until you get the codes read and someone has a look at the car.

Thanks, I am not sure about the measurement of other tyres. I will get the local garage to do a measure. I did, after put on the new tyre, re-set the tyre pressure monitoring system so that it stores the new measures but obviously something else happened after that which caused the appearence of these warning lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tart29016

Bring it straight back to whoever serviced it....I'm sure they didn't just do your timing belt and brake pads?

They did all the usual stuff, change oils, filters, etc. But yeah, car is booked in next week. But still not sure if they will charge me for a diagnose or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There is a tilt sensor relating to parking brake function. Might be located in boot.
    If water entered or sensor was disturbed it could throw the fault re steep parking.
    The other 3 photos show faults that could all be caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor if like many audis, the tyre pressure monitoring uses tyre rotations as opposed to actual pressure sensors.
    I don't know what would tie all those faults together. Possibly a common control module.
    Get the car scanned and things should ve a little clearer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement