Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Routes in Clane

Options
  • 12-02-2019 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

I'm new to Clane and looking for good places to go running in and around the town, particularly in evenings when it's dark. Looking for routes between about 5-10k.

Anyone any suggestions?

Usually I prefer not driving somewhere to go running - I like starting and finishing at my house - but I'm finding it hard to find good routes as my runs get longer, so I'd be up for travelling a bit further if needs be.

There are a few good places I'll go when the evenings get longer and I can run on bright roads, but I need something to get me by for the next few months.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

Donadea Forest Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Donadea Forest Park

I've been out and it's a lovely place to run. Not really suitable for running in the dark though, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

You might have a look around Clongowes- there is a path nearly all the way to it from Clane. I have no idea what their policy on visitors is, but the gate seems to be open all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Look at the single 6.5Km running route here for Clane https://www.endomondo.com/routes some of the route may not be suitable for dark nights. Drive to Sallins or Naas and run on the Naas ring road at night.

Thanks both. Clongowes is a lovely place to run, but only really for shorter runs imo (unless you don't mind doing laps). That one on endomod looks great. Might have to wait for brighter evenings, but I'll definitely check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

if you don't mind travelling to prosperous the route right in the middle of the town, that takes you by the undertakers and antiques shop round by the football pitch and back into the town is exactly 5km and well lit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

conf101 wrote: »
    I've been out and it's a lovely place to run. Not really suitable for running in the dark though, no?

Get yourself a head torch and it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a lot of the roads around the new estates in Celbridge are lit up and with paths/cycle lanes. you could start on the Clane side of the town, and out towards Salesians, over the M4 bridge and down towards Intel.

a lot of the roads around the new estates in Celbridge are lit up and with paths/cycle lanes. you could start on the Clane side of the town, and out towards Salesians, over the M4 bridge and down towards Intel.

Definitely gonna try this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

If you could go to Kilcock then you could run along the canal greenway, always worth having a headtorch though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

mightyreds wrote: »
    if you don't mind travelling to prosperous the route right in the middle of the town, that takes you by the undertakers and antiques shop round by the football pitch and back into the town is exactly 5km and well lit

It’s possibly five km around the block you describe twice. It’s not well lit and a terribly narrow dangerous path in places. I would stick with Clane where you can easily make a safe, well lit 5k route. People from Prosperous travel to Clane for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

If carry on past Louisa Bridge and turn right back over motorway past HP. Then pass Orchard back into Celbridge is about 9 miles with footpaths and lights all the way.

Advertisement