Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Paris Saint-Germain, Round of 16 1st Leg, RTE2 & BT Sport 2, 8pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

sligeach wrote: »
    At long last, Young you piece of dirt.

That's OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Young? You can't tell black people apart, can you? Carry on

In fairness.

I laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ref is proper card happy tonight

Gave some undeserved, and kept them in his pocket when they were required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Record number of yellow cards anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Stupid from Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mushy wrote: »
    Can't have any complaints.

Rte commentators blaming the caption guy as they discussed Young getting the second yellow

UEFA did have Young up on the screen as being off 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Utd hacking away in frustration, comprehensively beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Supporters leaving in their droves.

Shaw was feeling left out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shouldn't be losing a 180 minute tie in less that 60 minutes. The set up was weird to begin with, should have had another midfielder in lineup. These ties should be football chess over 180 minutes, but United set up like it was a game of Buckaroo. The naivety from the manager was there to see, he set up like it was a league game against Huddersfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Young? You can't tell black people apart, can you? Carry on

In fairness not many did as young was beside the ref and not Pogba. Very stupid by Pogba

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Can't have any complaints.

Rte commentators blaming the caption guy as they discussed Young getting the second yellow
    To be fair, BT commentators said exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Jesus United have been pathetically bad, I thought they were on a good run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A rush to beat the traffic going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

UEFA did have Young up on the screen as being off 1st

Oh I thought that was something RTE put up

Still only 2 nil. PSG have form for collapsing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ole looks clueless on the sideline any time the camera has went on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PSG are the real deal this season. Thought as much when I saw them in the group stages against Liverpool and think so now. They'll be in the final unless something really goes bad for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Well below par in the second half. Will be very difficult to turn this around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Rubbish display. United so negative the entire time. Polar opposite of what we've seen from them lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

NukaCola wrote: »
    If he gets them top 4 I think he probably deserves a shot? Losing to this PSG team is no disgrace really tbf.

They should go all put for Poch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PSG fans having the craic... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

PSG seem to deserve the result here tonight. Didn’t see the first half. Saying that it was pretty much a clean cut second yellow for the guy who scored the opening goal which would certainly have changed the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Rubbish display. United so negative the entire time. Polar opposite of what we've seen from them lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shouldn't be losing a 180 minute tie in less that 60 minutes. The set up was weird to begin with, should have had another midfielder in lineup. These ties should be football chess over 180 minutes, but United set up like it was a game of Buckaroo. The naivety from the manager was there to see, he set up like it was a league game against Huddersfield.

Buckaroo. Brilliant. :pac:

• Advertisement

dmigsy wrote: »
    Still only 2 nil. PSG have form for collapsing.

Lost 4 games in 3 years at home and kept the 1st clean sheet in the CL in 11 games full of confidence going into the 2nd leg. I thought this was for United to take tonight with the injuries PSG had and the form United had going into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Considering so many people harp on about the amount money City spend and so on.

Crazy amount of PSG supporters tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Our goal threat was gone with the two injuries before half time. We just don't have any pace on the bench. PSG could push on in the second half as the threat wasn't there. You can't blame Ole for much of what happened in second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d still have united favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Not a chance Jim, United committed daylight robbery in that game in Turin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What a load of ****in bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That was a paddling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No complaints. After a first half stalemate they ran the show in the second half. Weren't able to lay a meaningful glove on them in attack. Will be tough to turn it around now.

Must say it shows up the Premier League big time and is a great compliment to Ligue 1. All that stuff about PSG being in a league where they aren't tested and in the end they made the fourth best team in England look like most teams they face in Ligue 1. PSG also topped the group with Liverpool, and Lyon took 4 points off City and were the better team over both legs. Monaco deservedly beat Spurs and Man City a few seasons ago too. There's not the chasm between the two leagues that Sky would have us believe. I bought into the Premier League hype myself for this tie if I'm honest. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »

It’ll be a complete bottle job if they lose it from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Bench isn't deep enough, no pace and limited impact ability. Sanchez running around like a headless chicken, mata has no pace, Lukaku just isn't an impact sub against a team like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

For what? Are you trying to live up to your name? :p

Oh I thought that was something RTE put up

I do believe UEFA look after all the graphics on match day so it is constant for all tv broadcasters so they use their Champions League branding hence why BT have to have the score board in the top left and not bottom left like they do for all other football games.

Considering so many people harp on about the amount money City spend and so on.

Crazy amount of PSG supporters tonight

United only English team playing tonight.

Tomorrow I am sure there will be plenty of Dortmund fans, while next Tuesday there will be a lot of Bayern fans and next Wednesday a lot of Shalke fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Better play in the first half but the final pass let them down... elements of the Jose days were present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Better team won and it was deserved by them. Fair play to them. They are better then I thought too. Good side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I make a point of not watching United games, I mean if I wanted to hear fans sing about Liverpool I can do that with Liverpool games but glad I tuned in tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    While United haven't been great in general, the second half in particular, Mata and Sanchez have been particularly brutal. Anonymous since they came on

I think we were dying to be able to inject some pace into that performance but Mata and Sanchez were never going to do that for us. Despite the great run under Ole again the lack of balance, depth and options available off the bench when things are not happening for us just are not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Veratti absolute class again tonight. Best midfielder in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

That second PSG goal was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That is funny now in fairness, that did give a chuckle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’ll be a complete bottle job if they lose it from here.

No better team to do it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

PSG just ripped them apart for 20 minutes in the second half, second was a beauty and could have a couple more. United had completely run out of ideas well before the end.

Sanchez was truly atrocious when he came on, looks lost out there, cannot find a role for himself. Hard to imagine he was ever so good at Arsenal.

Ref was crazy, I think he wanted to stamp his authority on the game early and hope the teams would calm the tackles down, but they didn't and he ended up letting stuff go to avoid red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,624 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MU need a leader captain like Keane, who can command and run the midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Ref was abysmal to be fair, their goal scorer could have been off before he scored it, probably should have been. Young too. Card happy. So many poor refs out there, England and Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

superg wrote: »
    Ref was abysmal to be fair, their goal scorer could have been off before he scored it, probably should have been. Young too. Card happy. So many poor refs out there, England and Europe.

Kimpembe should have been sent off ?..for what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement