Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of Fingal Coastal Way Greenway

Options
  • 12-02-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Anyone know what the status of the Fingal Coastal Way Greenway is at the moment?

It looks like Baldoyle to Portmarnock is approved and ready to go but unsure if they are building it yet. There was a flurry of reports about planning for the Donabate Malahide bit across the estuary but can't see anything current on it. Painstakingly slow these things are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Anyone know what the status of the Fingal Coastal Way Greenway is at the moment?

It looks like Baldoyle to Portmarnock is approved and ready to go but unsure if they are building it yet. There was a flurry of reports about planning for the Donabate Malahide bit across the estuary but can't see anything current on it. Painstakingly slow these things are.

I only noticed this evening a lamp post between portmarnock/baldoyle right up where the new track will be. It seemed there was only the one, although I could be wrong. It was a good way off the road anyway, and makes no sense other than to be for the new route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'd previously dug out stuff from last year on the Malahide to Donabate piece, let me see if I can find them again. I think the general jist was don't be holding your breath, which really p1ssed me off as I want to be able to cycle directly to my brother's house in Donabate!

edit, here are some links from last year anyway.

Broadmeadow Way project hits snag

funding issue?

Possible planning application in early 2019? Council update on greenways progess in Fingal

given the last one I'd suggest it's worth contacting local TDs / councillors?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

then baldoyle to portmarnock section will be started in april/may.
    currently drainage works for new estates going on at the portmarnock end and ESB prep work towards baldoyle (replacing wooden poles it looks like)

its expected to be finished by october i believe.

i was out on the trail earlier, theres not much to see other than cows :)
    the ground is a bit more level from ESB jeeps using it

there was a fingal press release in december, which is about as vague as you can get
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/Fingal%20County%20Council%20making%20progress%20on%20Greenways%20across%20the%20region.pdf
    A planning application is planned for the Sutton to Malahide section in late
    2019, while further north, a planning application for the Broadmeadow Way,
    which will link Donabate to Malahide across the estuary, will be submitted in
    early 2019.

https://twitter.com/alan_downtown/status/1095675742569091072

Advertisement