Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rear legroom and decent boot, advice please!

• 12-02-2019 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Sorry for the random question but my head is wrecked from looking at cars so hoping for some help. Currently driving a 03 ford focus that hasn't caused an ounce of bother in 5 years but unfortunately due to rust its starting to become cost prohibitive for nct so need a change.

Have 2 young children who are just getting bigger and legroom is becoming an issue and also need a decent sized boot (focus size is fine). My driving is very minimal on a daily basis just runs around town so nothing major but would do a decent motorway drive about once a month so could look at diesel.

I was considering a c max which seems to have more space overall but not sure if an estate car would be better and if they give as much room (it seems I would get better value for money with an estate)

Anyway any advice would be grateful basically looking to come up a few years maybe 09/10 and needs good rear legroom an boot size!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Skoda Superb or Merc E class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Superb is excellent, in a class of its own really.

Mondeo is good, we have a Kuga amd a Tiguan, both have very good rear leg room, the boot in the Tiguan is smal with the Kuga being a decent space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cmax good first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Thanks for the responses hadn't considered a skoda to be honest so will have a look.
    I'm probably leaning towards the mondeo or c max as have had Ford's for the last ten yrs with no issues with any of them.

With regards those two options has anyone any feedback on the c max especially the 09/10 models as I've no experience of them just like the space they offer and would petrol or diesel be a better option there.

Although I do like the mondeo I'm conscious that a lot of that era would have very high mileage so would need to be careful there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

You definitely don't want a diesel from the driving you describe and spacious petrols are rare enough.

This would be a good bet.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/octavia/used-2013-131-skoda-octavia-1-4-tsi-s-cork-fpa-201901244239828

• Advertisement
Advertisement