Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying the same esb bills twice

• 12-02-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I feel a bit silly but an electricity account I have on a property is set up to be paid by direct debit.

I somehow mixed it up and in addition to the bill being paid by direct debit Ive paid a number of these bills in post office as well without realising until now. I know it says just below the total  "pay by direct debit" but really a comedy of errors resulted in this.

Anyway as a result Ive double paid, how do I go about getting a refund for the overpayment..I can provide proof etc if needed but presumably you can see details of the double payments yourselves?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi amacca,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We can certainly check the account and request a refund if you have overpaid.

For account security, we need you to please confirm the following details for us via private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭amacca

Hi amacca,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We can certainly check the account and request a refund if you have overpaid.

For account security, we need you to please confirm the following details for us via private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks, 
    Aoife
    PM sent, thank you.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi amacca,

Thank you for that.

A member of the team will pick up the message as soon as they can.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement