Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Mary’s ballisadare closing??

Options
  • 12-02-2019 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭

As per ocean fms website
    “Is the future of St. Mary's College in Ballisodare under threat? Parents of pupils at the secondary school and staff have been called to a meeting with management tomorrow. The full story on North West Today with Niall Delaney, 9-11am Tuesday”

Shocked to hear about this... it was very well run when I was there which is just a decade ago :-( what happened ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 w.b. yokes

They’ve been on about closing it for years. Heard it was a kip but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

When I was there it had its flaws but don’t so did every school, I did a year in summer hill before they had the new school. But both schools had excellent principals and for the most part great dedicated teachers.
    I know year sizes dropped, bit again not trying to sound old, when I was there average year size was 90 ish. Smallest year size would always be 87/88 and largest would always be 120.
    Again this was a decade ago, so what has been the reason for this it’s not like there shouldn’t be good numbers going there

The school went to sh*t during the tenure of the previous principal.There must be reasons why that school is going down the pan whereas all the other secondary schools in Sligo are fully subscribed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

zorro2566 wrote: »
    The school went to sh*t during the tenure of the previous principal.There must be reasons why that school is going down the pan whereas all the other secondary schools in Sligo are fully subscribed!

I'm led to believe its the present incumbent that's the problem, not the previous one.

Advertisement