Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof repair

Options
  • 13-02-2019 7:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Replace fascias and felt, seal gaps between ridges and tiles. approx 25 sq m detached garage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Yeah I left all that up to the roofers though :) Think it cost 3 or 4 k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Yeah I left all that up to the roofers though :) Think it cost 3 or 4 k.

Are you happy with their work? If so could you PM me their name, thanks!

pm1977x wrote: »
    Are you happy with their work? If so could you PM me their name, thanks!
    happy though I might need to pull back the insulation a bit. They laid that for free but if I'm right that it's touching the edge (and I'm not sure I am) then it would have been much easier to fix while roof was off (I suggested they just let me do it while it was off). It's a very low roof. The actual roof/felt/fascias all look great. Note they salvaged the tiles and gutters to reuse in the job so if you need replacements it would add to expense.

All above board and insured which was not the case with most others I looked at. They do work in all of Munster. Are you in Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

happy though I might need to pull back the insulation a bit. They laid that for free but if I'm right that it's touching the edge (and I'm not sure I am) then it would have been much easier to fix while roof was off (I suggested they just let me do it while it was off). It's a very low roof. The actual roof/felt/fascias all look great. Note they salvaged the tiles and gutters to reuse in the job so if you need replacements it would add to expense.

All above board and insured which was not the case with most others I looked at. They do work in all of Munster. Are you in Munster?

No, Dublin unfortunately, I'm finding it very hard to even get a quote from a reputable insured company, they're either too busy or don't even bother replying.

yeah it's a thing with tradespeople at the moment, and reputable roofers seem thin on the ground.

Everybody's supposed to go to college these days for some reason. That's the blueprint, doesn't matter if a trade would suit you better.

Meanwhile young people who do get qualified in trades are lured away to Australia and places where they're also in demand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement