Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recorded Message saying Eir Broadband Compromised and will be Terminated?

• 13-02-2019 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

I answered my landline just now to a Recorded message saying 'this is a recorded message. We have been trying to contact you to tell you that your Eir Broadband has been compromised and your Broadband service will be terminated. Please contact your Broadband Engineer'. 

What is that about?? Is it a Scam. I usually never answer my landline because it's one scammer after another every time. I figure if it's someone real they'll leave a message, they never do. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Sick answering the phone to this nonsense! Don't even have Eircom! .Every time you see the big long number coming up you know it's this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

This wasn't one of those long numbers it looked like a local number, as it had a short number starting 89 then 5 digits. 

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

We've been getting 4 or 5 of these a day for the last 6 weeks, it's always what looks like a local no. the last one was 4976749. I'm assuming the robot will eventually get fed up and p*ss off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

sadie9 wrote: »
    I answered my landline just now to a Recorded message saying 'this is a recorded message. We have been trying to contact you to tell you that your Eir Broadband has been compromised and your Broadband service will be terminated. Please contact your Broadband Engineer'. 

What is that about?? Is it a Scam. I usually never answer my landline because it's one scammer after another every time. I figure if it's someone real they'll leave a message, they never do. 
    Hi sadie9

We are aware there have been a number of scam calls from people claiming to be from eir.  Unfortunately we have no control over this but please be advised never to give out any personal or financial details to any inbound caller.

I can put your mind at rest that your broadband service will not be terminated.

Thanks

~Linzi 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

I had one of these calls a few days ago. Local number. Robotic voice advising that my Broadband is faulty. I just hung up. This is a scam to get you to dial a premium number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Phone rang at 8.31 this morning. Ran in to answer but was too late.Normal looking number so I dialled back(Dont bother with the long dodgy looking ones) Just a beep beep beep sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's no point ringing back, the number shown on the display is a random made-up number. I'm getting one or two a day, and the number is always different, but always begins with 003531...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

That's Robot Emily, had 4 in one day, then figured I'd actually press #1 to speak to a technician.

Queue 2 or 3 minutes of acting the maggot, eventually guy said there were some dodgy foreigners (yes he actually said that) trying to operate a scam, so I asked him "Dodgy foreigners that sound like you?" He hung up and I haven't had anyone to play with for 2 weeks now :)

Advertisement