Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Monitor Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

So went with the cheaper/newer model and it DOES have height adjustment so it fits perfectly into the desk.

PHaC5UTl.jpg?1

Now the only thing is I need some software that will allow me to split the screen into 2 or 3 sections and treat each one as a completely separate area so I can play a game in full-screen in one section, and have a stream playing full-screen in another section. At the moment everything is windowed. Can anyone recommend free or paid software that can definitely do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Display Fusion

That isn't really what I'm looking for I'm afraid, that's more for dealing with browser windows. I want to treat the monitor like 2 separate screens and enable fullscreen in a game and a separate fullscreen window for a stream. LG have software for theirs that allows multiple windows across a widescreen, I'm trying to get my hands on a decent Samsung one but the one I have doesn't seem to work......frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the new C49RG90 has been listed now which allows multiple devices to use it in a split screen

https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/monitor/detail/1421/C49RG90

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Is there a split screen mode for two inputs? Could you drive it as two separate displays with two display cables?

Edit: don't think that would even help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

the one I have doesn't seem to work

Is that Easy Setting Box? That one only works with windowed mode in games and does not seem to like chrome...
    There are a couple of options on this link for making windowed mode behave like fullscreen mode in games.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Borderless_fullscreen_windowed#Borderless_Gaming

I haven't tried any of them, so I don't know how they would work with a tile manager.

Yeah I've tried Easy Setting box, the red lines come up but nothing snaps or stays within them, looking at the supported list I'm out of luck. Cheers for the link, I'll have a go tomorrow with fresh eyes.

@Lu Tze I'll try that tomorrow too, might work, the GFX card handles something similar with the Oculus rift so it may be possible.

After using it for a few days I have to say it's amazing. Gaming in full screen, it's so immersive, I played F1 2015 and The Golf Club, both using the full width. Just WOW. Productivity is ace too, especially the space when photo or video editing AND having another browser window open is just insane. Anyways, back to keeping an eye on the Golf, while playing golf and watching Survivor. :)

Advertisement