Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprehensive about Job Application

Options
  • 13-02-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

My boss was supposed to be leaving in March, and their replacement is being recruited at the moment. I was advised by my boss to apply for the job as another supervisor here decided not too. It's a Good opportunity for me to take on a new challenge and earn a lot more money and progress the career a bit as I have effectively been their right hand man for the last 5 years and am very qualified for the position. The issue is we are beginning a merger and this change in leadership is an opportunity for some restructuring of reporting lines etc. and the selection process is being done by management from the company we've acquired who I have met and have a good working relationship with.

I applied for the Job in December, and got acknowledgement from HR that they received my application. However, I heard nothing after this and was then on certified sick leave for a couple of weeks for the first time in years.

When I returned to work, I found out that the recruiting managers had conducted interviews with some external applicants and even an internal applicant who works directly for them as a supervisor. I have heard absolutely nothing in the meantime and my existing boss was sent on gardening leave while I was out sick.

Should I be worried? I feel like I've been sidelined and a new boss is about to be parachuted in above me. The Radio Silence from HR and the recruiting managers is also really frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

McAlban wrote: »
    Should I be worried?

Yes. Ask for an update ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Apparently, Interviews were scheduled while I was absent, and another round will be scheduled in the next few weeks (according to HR).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why have you been sitting in silence this long?

Advertisement