Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for new house

Options
  • 13-02-2019 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Hi, I built a new house and moved in last August.  We have a new Eircode but is doesn't yet appear on most databases.   So you can see it on the Eircode website but not, for example, on  Google maps.  We have no land line.

Fibre broadband has just reached our area (since Christmas).  All our neighbours were visited and offered broadband but we were not (presumably we were not on any marketing list).

Our house shows up on fibrerollout.ie map as connectable.  We also show up as live on the DCCAE.gov.ie map. 

A pic attached shows the new house .  The yellow line is the fibre route.

Speaking to Eir on the phone however, the operator says that as we are not on her list we cannot get it.  I offer my neighbour's Eircode to show where we are but she says it is against the law to use it - even for checking.

What should I do to progress?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭RobiePAX

You said your neighbours were offered fibre broadband. But did any of them signed up for it and eir have successfully installed it? If any of your neighbours have fibre broadband then it's a good chance you can get it too. 

Enter your eircode on the fibrerollout website in the rural section. And check what will it say.

e2QOzCE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.  The eircode doesn't show up yet as it is a new house.  I have checked out the fibrerollout website and even attached a pic.  Maybe have another read of my original post.  It's all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭RobiePAX

You said most. "Most" implies some systems see your eircode,  some don't. I don't know if fibrerollout is one of which see it, or one of which it doesn't see.

I don't follow the map section on fibrerollout map which you screenshoted. It's been saying for past 2 years that I can get fibre, but urban checker where you can put in eircode says I can't get it. Which is correct, and map isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Robbie.  I don't mean to be rude but I am looking for advice, not a row.  I was hoping to link up with one of the Eir representatives.  Thanks for the contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You will need to email fibrepower@openeir.ie with your eircode and hope there is spare capacity in the nearest DP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

donalh087 wrote: »
    Robbie.  I don't mean to be rude but I am looking for advice, not a row.  I was hoping to link up with one of the Eir representatives.  Thanks for the contribution.
    Hi donalh087

You could try emailing FibrePower@eir.ie to find out if there is fibre in your area but you may struggle without an eircode.  Is there anyway you can get your eircode updated in the national database? 

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 5 canyoucrackit

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi donalh087

You could try emailing to find out if there is fibre in your area but you may struggle without an eircode.  Is there anyway you can get your eircode updated in the national database? 

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Takes a min of 6-7 months for this to happen

Hi donalh087

You could try emailing to find out if there is fibre in your area but you may struggle without an eircode.  Is there anyway you can get your eircode updated in the national database? 

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Hi canyoucrackit

Could you pm me your full address I will send off an email to openeir to see if there is anything that can be done.  I will do my best to look into this for you.

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Hi donalh087

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Hi canyoucrackit

Could you pm me your full address I will send off an email to openeir to see if there is anything that can be done.  I will do my best to look into this for you.

Many thanks
    ~Linzi
    @linzi PM sent 

Hi donalh087

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Hi canyoucrackit

Many thanks
    ~Linzi
    @linzi PM sent 
    Reply sent.

Thanks Linzi

• Advertisement

Hi donalh087

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Hi canyoucrackit

Many thanks
    ~Linzi
    @linzi PM sent 
    Reply sent.

Thanks Linzi
    Reply sent back Linzi

Hi donalh087

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Hi canyoucrackit

Many thanks
    ~Linzi
    @linzi PM sent 
    Reply sent.

Thanks Linzi
    Reply sent back Linzi
    Received thank you.

Advertisement