Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turas Nua

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Should you then decide to cut off your toe rather than have to do anything like that again, you might get moved on to DA, which is a big success for Turas Nua.

What's DA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

El_Bee wrote: »
    What's DA?

Disability Allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Was at presentation today and there was person from the department giving a talk about jobs. I told them I had a job and that maybe once a month I had a days claim due to a short week. But I refused to sign their PPP contract and the lady agreed that I did not have to sign it. Its a total waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BillyKilkenny

blowin3 wrote: »
    Was at presentation today and there was person from the department giving a talk about jobs. I told them I had a job and that maybe once a month I had a days claim due to a short week. But I refused to sign their PPP contract and the lady agreed that I did not have to sign it. Its a total waste of time.
    Was it your first time there

Was it your first time there

No I have been before unfortunately. They do nothing just ask a list of questions and say good luck and give me another appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What's DA?

You won’t get “moved on”to DA. This is the problem with asking strangers on the internet.
    If the reason that you haven’t got a job is that you are too ill/injured/disabled to take up full time work then you can fill in a disability allowance application form.
    Your GP has to fill in his part, explaining your illness.
    If there is a reason you can’t find full time work such as you have childcare issues or you are caring for someone who is sick or you are sick yourself then you shouldn’t be on Jobseekers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Is there anyway of getting out of Seetec? My employment adviser is awful, she makes me very uncomfortable and speaks to me like ive done something to her, the computers are set up in such a way that you feel youre being watched by the staff, its demoralizing and humiliating going into that place.
    Theyre not helping me to get a job, theyre not offering any help or assistance what so ever, they know nothing about courses or how to go about getting jobs. Its like youre forced to go in to search for work because they dont trust that youre looking for work by yourself.

It is soul destroying. Im genuinely looking for work, ive been working till the start Summer and now im trying to find something to get me through the Summer months, this is stressful enough without being made to feel like a scrounger, there are people out there who dont want to work and havnt worked in years and dont get selected for Seetec or Turas Nua.

I am really fed up to the point where my mental health is effected and ive started seeing a counselor. I cant keep this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I

ive been working till the start Summer and now im trying to find something to get me through the Summer months,

:confused:

fryup wrote: »

Huh?

you stopped working at the start of the summer?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    you stopped working at the start of the summer?

Yes, thats what my post says..

sorry i misread it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is there anyway of getting out of Seetec?

I am really fed up to the point where my mental health is effected and ive started seeing a counselor. I cant keep this up.

contact your health professionals, you maybe eligible for alternative welfare payments such as illness benefit or even disability allowance, both must be applied for in conjunction with your health professionals, particularly your doctor. successful application maybe enough to be removed from the jop path/seetec process. best of luck

Is there anyway of getting out of Seetec? My employment adviser is awful, she makes me very uncomfortable and speaks to me like ive done something to her, the computers are set up in such a way that you feel youre being watched by the staff, its demoralizing and humiliating going into that place.
    Theyre not helping me to get a job, theyre not offering any help or assistance what so ever, they know nothing about courses or how to go about getting jobs. Its like youre forced to go in to search for work because they dont trust that youre looking for work by yourself.

It is soul destroying. Im genuinely looking for work, ive been working till the start Summer and now im trying to find something to get me through the Summer months, this is stressful enough without being made to feel like a scrounger, there are people out there who dont want to work and havnt worked in years and dont get selected for Seetec or Turas Nua.

Keep your head up and dont let these fools beat you. They have no interest in you its their commission is all they after so DONT sign their precious PPP you are of no use to them as they get no money with out the contract. AS for feeling down you really need to talk to a professional and not a forum like this. We are all in the same boat but please talk to someone if you are not feeling well.

The worst aspect of dealing with the advisors is that they have zero background in recruitment, which is crazy since they're essentially a publicly funded recruitment agency. And they're so quick to threaten you with "not cooperating" if you question them at all, it's a mess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

I'm sure plenty of the folk in there are nice people but the likes of Seetac and Turas Nua would be ideal jobs for little hitlers who love to have power over others (kind of like how bouncers get off on their pathetic little power trips). The implied threat of payment cut/reduction is always there.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

The worst aspect of dealing with the advisors is that they have zero background in recruitment, which is crazy since they're essentially a publicly funded recruitment agency. And they're so quick to threaten you with "not cooperating" if you question them at all, it's a mess :(

But like I said you are not obliged to sign a contract with a private company end of. If you dont sign cooperate with them go to meeting s whatever BUT they make no money out of you by not signing their PPP contract so you are basically no good to them.

They havnt got a clue, when I was at the computer I noticed that the front page of the Seetac website had a section where you could apply to work with them and noticed theyre hiring advisers, under the requirements it said that all you need to apply is a leaving cert and retail/customer service experience and experience reaching goals.
    Theyre hiring shop managers and retail workers, theyre not qualified to be working as recruitment advisers and some of them seem to have let the power go to their heads.
    When I gave her my cv she dumbed it down and cut it to one page, it looks like a cv from when I left secondary school, not a postgraduate cv with years of experience. Id be embarrassed to hand it in anywhere.
    blowin3 wrote: »
    But like I said you are not obliged to sign a contract with a private company end of. If you dont sign cooperate with them go to meeting s whatever BUT they make no money out of you by not signing their PPP contract so you are basically no good to them.

I unfortunately already signed it, I didn't know it was optional.

That's no problem. But anybody else reading this thread dont sign phone them before hand and confirm this. They will try and pressure you but keep saying I dont want to sign a contract with a private company. The Department will also confirm you dont have to sign. But you are obliged to go to meetings etc if you are claiming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

AiryFairy have you called the number to complain? I had an issue with an EA (it wasn't even my EA, but I showed up to a meeting the day after my fathers funeral only to find that my EA had quit, Seetec never bothered to contact any of her clients to tell them she wouldnt be there or make any arrangements, yet the other EA told me to sit at a computer and 'look for jobs' while she finished with another client and I just wasn't having it.)

After I complained the manager came to my next meeting, and my replacement EA never gave me any issues. Funny thing was, though, the manager looked at my CV and said she was surprised I was having trouble finding work and would make getting me a job her 'special project.'

Never heard from her again, did I? and was not referred to a single job in 12 months. I have now been sent back to it for another 12 months, despite having got a job for 6 months after finishing the first stint. The trouble is not me or my employability, it's location. If you look on jobs ie there are about 30 jobs listed in the entire Donegal county. I have no car so am limited to my inmediate town as public transport is a joke.

Anyway, the rumour is that Jobpath, at least in Donegal, is to be scrapped in December. I'm not surprised, if they can't get someone like me, mid 30s, with a degree and experience in various fields ANY kind of a job, what are they doing for other people?

Hopefully it will be scrapped nationwide. In fairness my new EA, while utterly useless, is nice and never puts any pressure on me.

I would make a complaint, request a new EA, and hopefully in 6 months this money wasting farce will be gone.

All 3 EAs I've had told me their last jobs were in retail.

AiryFairy have you called the number to complain? I had an issue with an EA (it wasn't even my EA, but I showed up to a meeting the day after my fathers funeral only to find that my EA had quit, Seetec never bothered to contact any of her clients to tell them she wouldnt be there or make any arrangements, yet the other EA told me to sit at a computer and 'look for jobs' while she finished with another client and I just wasn't having it.)

After I complained the manager came to my next meeting, and my replacement EA never gave me any issues. Funny thing was, though, the manager looked at my CV and said she was surprised I was having trouble finding work and would make getting me a job her 'special project.'

Never heard from her again, did I? and was not referred to a single job in 12 months. I have now been sent back to it for another 12 months, despite having got a job for 6 months after finishing the first stint. The trouble is not me or my employability, it's location. If you look on jobs ie there are about 30 jobs listed in the entire Donegal county. I have no car so am limited to my inmediate town as public transport is a joke.

Anyway, the rumour is that Jobpath, at least in Donegal, is to be scrapped in December. I'm not surprised, if they can't get someone like me, mid 30s, with a degree and experience in various fields ANY kind of a job, what are they doing for other people?

Hopefully it will be scrapped nationwide. In fairness my new EA, while utterly useless, is nice and never puts any pressure on me.

I would make a complaint, request a new EA, and hopefully in 6 months this money wasting farce will be gone.

Sorry about your Dad never easy. They are a total joke .

Hi AT. What does EA stand for?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi AT. What does EA stand for?

reckon he means personal advisor

Employment Advisor which is what they call them up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Just to be pedantic, jobpath isn't run by Turas Nua in Donegal, its run by People 1st.

• Advertisement

Just to be pedantic, jobpath isn't run by Turas Nua in Donegal, its run by People 1st.

I know that, I was responding to AiryFairy who was asking about Seetec, which is People 1st.

If anyone wants a real insight into either company have a look at what former employees have to say on the glassdoor site. Both say that the companies are afraid of ever being audited by the DSP as they are totally lying about their success rates and stats.

My favorite one has the headline "Attributes needed to progress in company: delusion, proficient liar, bully & a fraudulent character"

It also says their contract ends in 2020 so hopefully it will be going the way of Jobbridge consigned to the dustbin. Both awful, abusive schemes that wasted a ton of money and didn't get anyone into work that couldn't have gotten it anyway.

Employment Advisor which is what they call them up here.

Ok, thanks.

Anyway, according to an article dated May 26 in the times UK Ireland section Jobpath is definitely being scrapped end of this year.

IMO this didnt get covered enough in the Irish news. 2nd failed Job____ scheme by this government.

Considering I already did 12 months on it once I think it's ridiculous I have to still go until the end of the year when they can deliver nothing for me or for the 96% that havent got work since starting it.

182 million well spent to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I had to go to the group session last week after signing on 2 weeks ago, i have a meeting tomorrow with a case officer, how often am i to expect this sort of thing?

Video wrote:
    I had to go to the group session last week after signing on 2 weeks ago, i have a meeting tomorrow with a case officer, how often am i to expect this sort of thing?

Couple of times a week I believe, could be wrong there, but somebody who has experienced this will probably reply soon.

Consider creating an exclusive email address just for this process, delete it upon completion

Consider getting another phone/sim, destroy upon completion

Best of luck with it

• Advertisement

Video wrote: »

You’re not busy during the day at all during the week so it could be as much as 3 times a week until your successful in finding full time work.

splinter65 wrote:
    You’re not busy during the day at all during the week so it could be as much as 3 times a week until your successful in finding full time work.

Do you know video personally?

Wanderer78 wrote: »

No. People who are looking for and available for full time work are available to attend JobPath sessions. It’s a condition of being in receipt of a Jobseekers payment.
    If your not available for JobPath then you can’t get Jobseekers.

splinter65 wrote: »

And if you are busy with something stupid like a job interview you might get written up for missing your very important turas nua appointment where they personally hand you the letter detailing your next appointment.

And anyways you're not working so there's no possible reason to object to travelling 25 minutes to wait 15 minutes for a 5 minute appointment, it's a perfectly fine use of everyone's time!

Yes i am, going to job interviews and searching for work. You may not but i have more productive things to do with my time.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Reading his input on these threads it's very clear he works for Seetec/Social protection.

Yes i am, going to job interviews and searching for work. You may not but i have more productive things to do with my time.

If you have the evidence of the job interviews then there’ll be no problem with changing the time of your JobPath session. You can search for work at the TN office and they might have suggestions of other potential employers.
    I’d be glad of it if it were me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Depends on where you live. If you're in a town/city it could be multiple times a week. If you're in a rural area it could be every couple of weeks.

If you have the evidence of the job interviews then there’ll be no problem with changing the time of your JobPath session. You can search for work at the TN office and they might have suggestions of other potential employers.
    I’d be glad of it if it were me.

Why?

Reading his input on these threads it's very clear he works for Seetec/Social protection.

No I don’t . I’m not even a he. I work at a job where I hear a lot of people very frustrated at having to be available for work.

• Advertisement

Why?

If I were looking for a job and had got nothing after a couple of weeks and someone was offering to help me to find something then I’d give it a chance.

And if you are busy with something stupid like a job interview you might get written up for missing your very important turas nua appointment where they personally hand you the letter detailing your next appointment.

And anyways you're not working so there's no possible reason to object to travelling 25 minutes to wait 15 minutes for a 5 minute appointment, it's a perfectly fine use of everyone's time!

But you get traveling expenses so what’s the problem ?

If I were looking for a job and had got nothing after a couple of weeks and someone was offering to help me to find something then I’d give it a chance.

I spent a few months on Jobpath last year (people 1st if it matters, but by the sound of posts on here they're all much the same).

I can assure you they did not by any stretch of the imagination help me find work.

Once I found work they were only too eager to get in contact though. Until my boss told them where to go citing GDPR.

No I don’t . I’m not even a he. I work at a job where I hear a lot of people very frustrated at having to be available for work.

I don't believe you, you're way too knowledgeable and too invested in defending them.

If you don't work for Social Protection and you have a job why are you speaking on a Turas Nua thread ? have you got anything better to be doing than assuming people unemployed for 2 weeks have nothing to do during the week? .. Just here for the thrills are you?

I don't believe you, you're way too knowledgeable and too invested in defending them.

I’m knowledgeable about entitlements and benefits and rights in all the government departments because it’s my job to direct people to the right area to get help.
    It’s also my job to tell people that there are obligations and conditions with all entitlements.
    Some people don’t want to hear that part of it.
    It’s totally unimportant to me or anyone else here wether you believe me or not.

I wonder if your posts and interactions here would be of interest to your employer? Are you this incredulous, dismissive and rude to people's faces when you're dealing with them and just have to get a bit extra in in the evenings or is it more of a keyboard warrior thing?

If you don't work for Social Protection and you have a job why are you speaking on a Turas Nua thread ? have you got anything better to be doing than assuming people unemployed for 2 weeks have nothing to do during the week? .. Just here for the thrills are you?

This is a discussion forum. There are no restrictions on who can comment where about what.
    Why did you think otherwise?
    I don’t assume you have nothing better to do then look for work. When you applied for Jobseekers you agreed that you were available for an looking for full time work. So you can easily be in Seetec/TN for a couple of hours a week.
    It’s part of your contract with DEASP anyway.

I wonder if your posts and interactions here would be of interest to your employer? Are you this incredulous, dismissive and rude to people's faces when you're dealing with them and just have to get a bit extra in in the evenings or is it more of a keyboard warrior thing?

Well you’ll just have to find out who I am. Find out where I live. Find out where I work. Find out who my boss is.
    And write them a letter.

• Advertisement

I’m knowledgeable about entitlements and benefits and rights in all the government departments because it’s my job to direct people to the right area to get help.
    It’s also my job to tell people that there are obligations and conditions with all entitlements.
    Some people don’t want to hear that part of it.
    It’s totally unimportant to me or anyone else here wether you believe me or not.

So you work for citizens information, sitting around looking up stuff on google all day, nice work if you can find it, and by that I mean have a relative who works there to get you in.

Advertisement