Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dealings with Fast Loans online credit:scammers or legit?

• 13-02-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi i am in dealings with an online loan broker called Fast loans. i was approved and went through all the terms and conditions for a loan of 2000 euro. i arranged to pay back 400 a month. But they said they needed the first installment and would have the money to me within the hour. I explained that i didn't have that amount upfront so they stretched the time period of the loan to 125 a month, which i agreed i could pay as a first installment.

Me 'probably like a fool' payed the 125 today. i was contacted by the loan adviser i had been dealing with to say they had received my installment and i would be contacted by the the upper department to let me know the money had gone in within the hour.

45 min later i get a call from a gentleman saying that i was at the final stage of transfer but there was a hiccup. because only after receiving my first payment where they aloud to few my credit score and it is not in good shape. That in order to brig it up to the point where 2000 loan is possible i must pay a 'guarantee' 'transfer fee' of 275 euro that allows my scoring to be reasonable enough to allow for the 2000 euro loan.

It was explained to me that the 275 would actually be refundable after i had paid this much and i would receive 2275 instead of 2000 within minutes

Am i being scammed? Writing it down like this its starting to feel obvious that i am.

They sent me a guarantee letter by email stating i would receive € 2,275 into my registered bank account within 10 minutes. If not, then company will refund all your money with the compensation of € 275.

Any advice on what to do in the morning?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Total utter scam... you never have to pay to receive money on a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Go to the Gardai, you've been scammed. No-one is ever going to ask for money up front to give you a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

"Pay us first so we can loan you money" , I am sorry, but that was a really poor decision on your part, what part of having to pay a company first so they can loan you money makes sense to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

PT Barnum was right, OP you have been scammed. Do not send more money chasing what you have already lost. Go to your local credit union for a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭martin123123

Bo**ox. I should have known by their eagerness. Yesterday they wanted to get the ball rolling after they got back to me in the afternoon. then checked up on me before the day ended to see if i got the 125 sorted. I may be naive in my time of trouble but i wont be a fool and pay them twice. They have all the terms conditions down to a tee. why i wanted loan, paperwork etc. One thing that made me second guess also was they are Indian using western names.

I called them this afternoon after writing this thread and told the woman i've been dealing with, that the reasons for the second payment wasn't clicking in me and didn't understand their reasoning regarding bad credit history etc. i gave it to her straight ; are you scamming me, i grilled her. But she was unmoving. Its a disgrace these people praying on people in times of vulnerability.

i seen a thread in this section about a company called unsecure loans .com were there was a consensus that it was legit money lenders, thought the OP was skeptical regarding its legitimacy. ( and that the operatives were of Asian origin)

guess i know my answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Did you use a website? Do you have the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Sparko

What method of payment did you use to pay them?

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Did you use a website? Do you have the link?

Yes here

https://fast-online-credit.com/

Sparko wrote: »
    What method of payment did you use to pay them?

Deposited through AIB. I have my receipt. I also have an email from them drafting out the payments etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Definitely a scam. Contact your bank but don't think there is anything they can do

• Advertisement

Definitely a scam. Contact your bank but don't think there is anything they can do

125 euro , the price of an education. To try to reassure me when i was grilling her this afternoon she said she would stay on the line with me tomorrow while i deposit and she sends it. Interesting she got the guy to ring me back today after i deposit saying they needed more. Tomorrow at 10:15 is going to be an interesting phone call
    ;)

Would the Guards do anything if i have their account details? or maybe there is an loan fraud unit or something. I will be looking into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's a FCA warning about them here https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/fast-loan-credit-clone

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tanko1414

I got scammed by them 2 but I knew after first 50 euro and I kept asking them for different bank to lodge 275 into and I got 4 different account details off 4 different names and I looked up the iban to find what branch each account was in and I rang each bank and reported the account holder explaining to bank managers what they were doing.... they are now set up as different name and I again with out giving money got account details to lodge money reporting to relevant bank manager.

I got scammed by them 2 but I knew after first 50 euro and I kept asking them for different bank to lodge 275 into and I got 4 different account details off 4 different names and I looked up the iban to find what branch each account was in and I rang each bank and reported the account holder explaining to bank managers what they were doing.... they are now set up as different name and I again with out giving money got account details to lodge money reporting to relevant bank manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭KilOit

Garda have issued a warning today regarding these loans. Looks like you're not the only one op. Try not dwell on it, chalk it up to a life lesson and move on

KilOit wrote: »
    Garda have issued a warning today regarding these loans. Looks like you're not the only one op. Try not dwell on it, chalk it up to a life lesson and move on
    Oh i have chalked it up to experience. I will keep applying for these loans just so I can pass on info to banks so they can contact gardai as I am 2 embarrassed to go to gardai myself....

Oh i have chalked it up to experience. I will keep applying for these loans just so I can pass on info to banks so they can contact gardai as I am 2 embarrassed to go to gardai myself....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,423 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Why on earth were you using such an outfit?

Don't mean to dance on your grave or what not - but seriously? Lending is a strictly regulated industry and never involves upfront payments.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Why on earth were you using such an outfit?

Don't mean to dance on your grave or what not - but seriously? Lending is a strictly regulated industry and never involves upfront payments.
    I was left in a very desperate situation and I was refused loan in bank and i needed it very desperately. Please don't judge me when u don't know my story if you want to know why pm me I am happy to say but not on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,423 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Tanko1414 wrote: »
    I was left in a very desperate situation and I was refused loan in bank and i needed it very desperately. Please don't judge me when u don't know my story if you want to know why pm me I am happy to say but not on here.

I've no doubt that it was a desperate situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

You would have been better off going to provident. They get a bad rep but for people in need of money they are probably your best bet. I always found them easy to deal with.

Yes I agree if I didnt need more than 600euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Yes I agree if I didnt need more than 600euro

Sorry didn't realise that they only go to 600e now. I had gotten 1000e off them in the past.

Ya they start with first time loans of max 300euro

Advertisement