Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen from work

Options
  • 13-02-2019 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

So while completely annoying and while my piss is boiling I do put my hands up and take some responsibility.

I got to the office with about 10 seconds to spare before a very important call. I dumped my bike in the lockup which is only accessible to key holders and people let in by the intercom. The problem is its a shared office building and I have no control over who gets in other than my team...but I didnt lock it up like I normally do because I was in such a rush, and it was robbed. Someone buzzed the door, was let in and walked out the front door with it. Opportunistic filth, im almost impressed.

The above is just the flavor, the main question I have is about Insurance. Its a good bike but not great, it used to be my fancy bike but now really its a commuter, but a nice bike. 2015 Giant defy 1 105 groupset, good lights good tires but mostly stock components and in great working order.

I do have it on the house insurance, has anyone on here claimed a bike stolen away from home on home insurance?

I know I could call the insurance company,...but ye know, some info first would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

They may also not cover it if you tell them you didnt lock it or if that is in a police report... I would tread carefully on that one and read the small print

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

They may also not cover it if you tell them you didnt lock it or if that is in a police report... I would tread carefully on that one and read the small print

I thought so as well, im not sure the bike is worth telling fibs to Guards and insurance company's about to get insurance. Its a shame I have fond memories and thousands of kilometers done on that bike.

Ill wait until I see the CCTV from the building before I figure out what to do, not that I expect the guards to actually be able to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Keep an eye out on the usual sites for it. Be aware that thieves will want to shift it before the Gardai can do anything about it.

Advertisement