Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty phone delivered, 2 weeks on and issue still not resolved.

• 13-02-2019 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I am ware that I am not the only one complaining about Eir's inefficient support but as I keep hitting a brick wall with their phone and chat support I am posting here in the hope that one of the Eir reps here can actually resolve this issue.

On January 25th I placed an order for an additional mobile account and a handset 
    I received the handset on the 28th but it was the incorrect one. Over the following week I spent in excess of 20 hours either speaking to on being on hold for one Eir person after the other. Nobody could assist me with the issue.
    Finally on February 5th I spoke to someone in your Customer Loyalty department who arranged for a Jiffy bag to be sent out to me so that I could return the phone. They also informed me that when this phone had been received back by Eir that the correct phone would be shipped out straight away.
    I posted the device return as requested on February 8th. 
    Yesterday I called for a status update and after 45 minutes of being on hold and forwarded I spoke to someone else in Customer Loyalty who confirmed that the device had been received return but they could not find any note on the file about another phone having to be sent out to me.
    They then put me on hold and after 45 minutes I was disconnected again.
    This is no longer acceptable, between my bill pay and prepaid accounts I am paying Eir in excess of 650 euro every month and the least I can expect is to have something like this being dealt with in an expedient manner.  

Is anyone from Eir actually paying attention?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

mayhem# wrote: »
    I am ware that I am not the only one complaining about Eir's inefficient support but as I keep hitting a brick wall with their phone and chat support I am posting here in the hope that one of the Eir reps here can actually resolve this issue.

On January 25th I placed an order for an additional mobile account and a handset 
    I received the handset on the 28th but it was the incorrect one. Over the following week I spent in excess of 20 hours either speaking to on being on hold for one Eir person after the other. Nobody could assist me with the issue.
    Finally on February 5th I spoke to someone in your Customer Loyalty department who arranged for a Jiffy bag to be sent out to me so that I could return the phone. They also informed me that when this phone had been received back by Eir that the correct phone would be shipped out straight away.
    Yesterday I called for a status update and after 45 minutes of being on hold and forwarded I spoke to someone else in Customer Loyalty who confirmed that the device had been received return but they could not find any note on the file about another phone having to be sent out to me.
    This is no longer acceptable, between my bill pay and prepaid accounts I am paying Eir in excess of 650 euro every month and the least I can expect is to have something like this being dealt with in an expedient manner.  

Hi mayhem#

Could you pm me the following details please and I will look into this for you:~

Eir account number:
    Full name on the account:
    Date of birth:
    Full postal address:
    Can you confirm you are the account holder?

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

D
    eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi mayhem#

Could you pm me the following details please and I will look into this for you:~

Eir account number:
    Date of birth:
    Full postal address:

Many thanks
    ~Linzione

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

D
    eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi mayhem#

Eir account number:
    Date of birth:
    Full postal address:

Many thanks
    ~Linzione

Done
    Replied to pm.

Advertisement