Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Help

• 13-02-2019 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a Nissan Note on Donedeal asked a few questions
    about timing belt etc . Seems like a good car one owner etc. However
    seller says its driving fine NCT out but had a bit of tax. He said hes not a mechanic but car has no issues. Looked at his profile and he has several
    cars for sale. Should I be concerned ?? Or am I been paranoid? Any other
    questions I should ask?
    Any help appreciated
    Thank you
    https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/20966628

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

Ha. Ad says it will pass nct no problem. Well if so get seller to do it. Also get the history check done and probably get a mechanic to give it the once over it will be a couple of hundred but well worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

NCT on it is valid until 19/11/2019 according to NCT.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

According to the motortax website it was purchased by a dealer on 10th January. Looks like he is a small time motor trader, probably bought it from a franchised dealer who took it as a trade-in/scrappage deal for a brand new car. Did you go view the car? It's a cheap car but taking photos when it's near dark or in the shade doesn't inspire confidence. It either means he is clueless or they are hiding rough bodywork. Being a trader I don't believe that he is clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

He has at least 6 cars for sale. Potentially more under another phone number. Which is all fine and normal enough, but then he says he's not a mechanic. That reads to me like he's pretending to be a private sell so you have no comeback if the car has a serious issue.

Maybe I'm wrong, but why risk it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Petrol Nissan Notes of that generation have a timing chain and not a belt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement