Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand National 2019 Aintree

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Blow by Blow 100/1 - absolute good thing lads !!
    All in Slatts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Mig wrote: »
    All in Slatts

Easily worth a couple ton each way, easily! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Mall Dini NR

For fffuuuuuxxxx sakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Roger is cursed. First your man in the Supreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Pairofbrowneyes not declared by Willie

What the **** is that about? :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Don Poli sold for £170k and Outlander went for £165k

Dear god, insane money for two 100/1 shots. What would they go for any other day of the week without a confirmed National spot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Fanny **** wrote: »

Dear god, insane money for two 100/1 shots. What would they go for any other day of the week without a confirmed National spot?

Mad money, it makes no sense. Someone must have it to burn. Great horses in their time but they seem overpriced now. Seemingly someone paid 400 k for Blacklion recently, what the holy fook is that about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Mad money, it makes no sense. Someone must have it to burn. Great horses in their time but they seem overpriced now. Seemingly someone paid 400 k for Blacklion recently, what the holy fook is that about ?

Same person bought don Poli, Darren Yates. Mad money. 470k for the both of them. Looking at his comments it's a direct replacement to Blacklion as he wanted a runner in the national. The reserve price was only 50k which makes the 170k pricetag even more mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Black lion owner purchased Don Poli per at the races

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

When are 365 likely to go 6 places? What impact would that have on. The price of say valseur lido?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fanny **** wrote: »

Mad money, but not as mad as when Mossey Joe went for £160k as an 11 year old hunter chaser a few years back. Never won a race after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Hardly even ran francie, might of ran twice after

Happy to take walk in the mill and Joe Farrell for the national

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

With mall dini and yala enki MR I am left with Joe Farrell, Valseur lido and jury duty. ...yes.....I said jury duty !
    Probably do rathvinden with free bet

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

ASOT wrote: »
    Same person bought don Poli, Darren Yates. Mad money. 470k for the both of them. Looking at his comments it's a direct replacement to Blacklion as he wanted a runner in the national. The reserve price was only 50k which makes the 170k pricetag even more mad.

Outbid Paul Nicholls for Don Poli going by ATR article. Given he spent 300k on Blaklion I suspect he would have outbid anyone for it. I get he's desperate for a National runner but I don't see how he wins out of this. From a financial perspective the horse is clearly on the downgrade and if Gigginstown thought he had even a half decent chance in the National they'd be keeping hold of him. On an emotional level if he did go out and by some miracle win then it would be hollow to a certain extent as he'd have had no input to the horses prep or any emotional attachment to the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm left with
    Vintage Clouds
    A Toi Phil (I don't really know what I was thinking)
    Valseur Lido (Thanks to Aidan)
    Joe Farrel (Ploughed into with Bet365s Money back offer)

The horses I'm most interested in without backing are

Rathvinden
    Monbeg Notorious
    General Principle
    Regal Encore
    Dounikos
    Ballyoptic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Delighted with the 365 offer. Fun treating it like investment , and just come out ahead .

There some operation as ante post bets can be cashed out in full and put back in with free place, essentially double the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

aidankkk wrote: »
    Delighted with the 365 offer. Fun treating it like investment , and just come out ahead .

There some operation as ante post bets can be cashed out in full and put back in with free place, essentially double the price.

Aidan - be careful you’re not accused of after-timing again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

Fanny **** wrote:

Great business from the o'Learys to be fair, it could be a common theme for them now, unload exposed, past it, chasers at that sale every year.

Still raining in aintree, going to be soft to heavy Saturday I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pairofbrowneyes not declared by Willie

:confused::mad: Fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Outbid Paul Nicholls for Don Poli going by ATR article. Given he spent 300k on Blaklion I suspect he would have outbid anyone for it. I get he's desperate for a National runner but I don't see how he wins out of this. From a financial perspective the horse is clearly on the downgrade and if Gigginstown thought he had even a half decent chance in the National they'd be keeping hold of him. On an emotional level if he did go out and by some miracle win then it would be hollow to a certain extent as he'd have had no input to the horses prep or any emotional attachment to the horse.

I actually completely agree with you but I'd make an exception here only because it's Don Poli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The heavier ground the less finishers . Remember red marauder? Although I doubt it will be that heavy

Anyone doing a sweepstakes have a kit without Mall Dini(Hard luck Roger) in it. All them I've seen has him instead of Just a Par

Keith Donoghue been jocked off Outlander. Hope it refuses at the start for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Anyone doing a sweepstakes have a kit without Mall Dini(Hard luck Roger) in it. All them I've seen has him instead of Just a Par

The British edition of the Times has Just a Par. I don’t know about the Irish edition. (I saw it flying through London this morning).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Vintage Clouds my only pick so far... Pairofbrowneyes was my other unfortunately.

I put money on pairofbrowneyes before it was pulled. What happens to my bet,will i get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

I put money on pairofbrowneyes before it was pulled. What happens to my bet,will i get a refund?

unless you backed it with a bookmaker who was non runner no bet you will get your money back however I think the trainer withdrew this horse so he was not balloted out.

Sure chance your arm and just hand it over the counter, see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Keith Donoghue been jocked off Outlander. Hope it refuses at the start for them.

Not great for Keith alright, but surely, given the horse has new owner, this would be little surprise to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Luke Harvey just out on track there on ITV, says if no rain comes between now and 5.15 it will be good ground - no rain forecasted going by a couple of online places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Just checked Outlander's last 10 runs. 5 different jockeys, none of which were Donoghue. (Kennedy 5, Russell, Enright, James, Rachael).

So I think a new owner was always going to put their own man onboard.

Tiger Roll and Jury Duty for me in the sweep.

Some heads on people when I was asking them would they like to get involved for €2 a horse. Had to show one of them a replay of a previous National because they hadn’t a breeze

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Tiger Roll and Jury Duty for me in the sweep.

Some heads on people when I was asking them would they like to get involved for €2 a horse. Had to show one of them a replay of a previous National because they hadn’t a breeze

So you started a sweep and took the favorite for yourself and now want a bunch of suckers who don't know about racing to fund it? That's bad form imo, you should be picking last. If you start the sweep and win it on the fav you won't get people next time.

Fwiw, I don't think Tiger Roll will win. (And this is from someone who had 110.00 on him at Cheltenham, basically my max bet for horse racing)

Cheltenham winners have been flopping at Aintree first off, and Gordon is sending out like a 3rd of the field. I'd say if he wins it, it will be on some one of the other ones. The Cheltenham opppsition wasn't up to much, look at Road to Rome yesterday. Much tougher opposition and a course that half the field fall or all pulled up, price is ridiculous for a national.

When was the last time a horse repeated in the national? Never in my betting lifetime. While I have a soft spot for him after the last run was such a dream come true, so many things say it is unlikely to happen.

Geraghty broke his leg, gutted for him.

I think I will back Up For Review for the 2019 Aintree National

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Backed Rathvinden on the nose at 9s this morning and Vintage Clouds ew a few weeks ago at 16s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I backed Tiger Roll last year and backed him after last years race for tomorrow, so hopefully he will do it, have an e/w bet on Jury Duty to, was going to back Rathvinden today at 10's but didnt and now the value is gone for me now at 7's

So you started a sweep and took the favorite for yourself and now want a bunch of suckers who don't know about racing to fund it? That's bad form imo, you should be picking last. If you start the sweep and win it on the fav you won't get people next time.

Fwiw, I don't think Tiger Roll will win. (And this is from someone who had 110.00 on him at Cheltenham, basically my max bet for horse racing)

Cheltenham winners have been flopping at Aintree first off, and Gordon is sending out like a 3rd of the field. I'd say if he wins it, it will be on some one of the other ones. The Cheltenham opppsition wasn't up to much, look at Road to Rome yesterday. Much tougher opposition and a course that half the field fall or all pulled up, price is ridiculous for a national.

When was the last time a horse repeated in the national? Never in my betting lifetime. While I have a soft spot for him after the last run was such a dream come true, so many things say it is unlikely to happen.
    I actually done the order of picks on who paid 1st got 1st pick and so on. I got Jury Duty on my 1st pick which was the end of the 1st round of picks. I got Tiger Roll on my 2nd pick which was probably 28th or 29th pick so yeah I fixed it for myself to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Singlefarmpayment. That is all.

Vintage Clouds at 14/1 for me to win.

General Principle 40/1 ew.

Folsom Blue 100/1 ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Walk in the mill is my big bet.

Singlefarmpayment, Lake view lad, Joe Farrell and valseur lido all backed e/w on bet365. What an offer.

• Advertisement

I'm Buying Bet365 accounts. Mine is an embarrassment . I've 11 bets :o. Has to be done , its a fab offer, and the most fun of the year trying to eek out a profit.

I'm Buying Bet365 accounts. Mine is an embarrassment . I've 11 bets :o. Has to be done , its a fab offer, and the most fun of the year trying to eek out a profit.

I'll sell you mine Aidan years worth of mug bets a bookies dream :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone else notice how heavily the number of places paid out is being promoted, but not a word about moving to 1/5 the odds instead of a quarter!

Suprise that

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how heavily the number of places paid out is being promoted, but not a word about moving to 1/5 the odds instead of a quarter!

Suprise that

Been a steadily increasing trend the past couple of years or so. All through Cheltenham they flashed up 5 places in the big handicaps but they're essentially scraping .05 off the first 4 places they're obliged to pay and creating the "extra" place with it. They all seem to do it now unfortunately. Would be great if one of the big ones went 1/4 odds all places and blatantly promoted it Paddy Power style to show the others up. Unfortunately the occasional big race punter will be pretty oblivious to the place term difference and will just see the extra places been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Cant remember the last time I seen 1/4 place odds in a 3+ runner race at any meeting be it Tauton or Cheltenham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Strong on Dounikos and General Principle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Cant remember the last time I seen 1/4 place odds in a 3+ runner race at any meeting be it Tauton or Cheltenham

Every single day haha.... you talk some amount of bollix mate.

On place concessions.. still value there with the 1/5 for e/w doubles & trixies for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Every single day haha.... you talk some amount of bollix mate.

On place concessions.. still value there with the 1/5 for e/w doubles & trixies for me.

I must be getting robbed so. I bet with paddy Power n rarely see 1/4 odds. Bookmaker scum fleecing us punters of our hard earned cash

Bet365 are nearly 1/4 place on the vast majority or races. Just use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

Great to see all the lads on here saying they backed Tiger Roll last year and had a max bet in Cheltenham this year, fair play

Bet365 are nearly 1/4 place on the vast majority or races. Just use them
    5 places, 1/4 the odds, and best price for about 80% of the entries tomorrow before you even talk about their offer.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2019-04-06-aintree/17:15/winner

• Advertisement
Advertisement