Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Maker 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Looks brilliant! Really brings a smile to my face. This will be a huge seller for Nintendo. People can create courses and publish them anywhere, anytime. Wonder will maker 1 courses be compatible. Wonder will switch online sub be necessary to share courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

GameXplain are going to have a field day with this trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Now sligeach, no more 7ucking around, your the best mario maker lever designer I know. I need you to go buy a god damn switch and this game on release day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I never played the first one, but I'll probably pick this up. Hope they're clever and make the older levels backward compatible with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

chrislad wrote: »
    I never played the first one, but I'll probably pick this up. Hope they're clever and make the older levels backward compatible with this.

Ah it's a great game. I don't know if I want all the old levels available, i think I'd prefer a fresh start. Trust me there will be enough levels to keep you busy that's for sure.

• Advertisement

Compared to New Super Marios Bros Wii U Super Mega Massive Deluxe Switch Mega Super Edition, what are the controls like in Mario Maker? I can't find myself getting into the new game - find the controls a bit off (The floaty jump in particular) and the levels are a tad uninspired, bar a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sligeach wrote: »
    GameXplain are going to have a field day with this trailer.

Can't wait for their 150 hour analysis on this Direct now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I really can't wait for this now, this is literally a lot of the reason I got a Switch in the first place as I used to love playing it on my friends Wii U...

I thought it would be out sooner but I can't wait to get to grips with it...

Lots of nice new stuff going by the Direct...

Little easter eggs or features you may have missed in the direct.

Some Japanese gameplay of make.

Mega mushroom? Water only available in Forest theme?

Japanese site has a lot of stuff on it.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/baaqa/pc/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Super Mario Maker 2 Direct DISCUSSION! (Story Mode, Online Multiplayer, Night Themes, & Much More!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lfGbW45VM8A

This is a discussion, they'll likely have an in-depth analysis video in the next day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The version with the Nintendo Online is 65 in Smyths. 60 if you pre-order in store.
    Not sure if anyone was wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

ERG89 wrote: »
    The version with the Nintendo Online is 65 in Smyths. 60 if you pre-order in store.
    Not sure if anyone was wondering

It will also be available as part of the Nintendo voucher program where you can get 2 vouchers to buy games for €99

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

During Treehouse the Mario Maker 2 director has confirmed that online multiplayer with friends will be added in an update. Looks like they have listened to the (rightly) criticism and acted on it. Not like Nintendo of the past I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Anyone order the stylus?

I pre-ordered and says shipped but DHL tracking number giving in email is too short (and site says invalid)

Also can't wait to play, been watching twitch streams of SMM1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Am pretty sure that Smyths had a stylus as a preorder bonus which is now a keyring....same being offered in Gamestop.
    Not sure where its been offered tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

ERG89 wrote: »
    Am pretty sure that Smyths had a stylus as a preorder bonus which is now a keyring....same being offered in Gamestop.
    Not sure where its been offered tbh.

I don't remember Smyth's ever having the stylus up on their preorder and I've been checking ever since the stylus was announced.

The only places I've seen the stylus are Game UK and Nintendo's own online store

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

I tried to order the stylus pack from the Nintendo UK store but they still don't deliver to Ireland :( is addresspal still the only way to get stuff from the Nintendo store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    I tried to order the stylus pack from the Nintendo UK store but they still don't deliver to Ireland :( is addresspal still the only way to get stuff from the Nintendo store?

I ordered mine from nintendo and got this last friday

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is this expected to cause a big jump in console sales at all?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is this expected to cause a big jump in console sales at all?

I wouldn't say so. I don't think this is a system seller. I suspect that Pokemon and Dragon Quest will be the only noticeable bumps in sales this year. That said, I think the attachment rate on this will be decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Thinking this might be the first major 1st party release that I buy digitally. Seems like the kind of game that would be great to have permanently available on the system (although I could probably could say that about Smash & Mario Kart too!).

Tempted to get one of the Nintendo Online voucher things to get this and Links Awakening when it comes out.

Thinking this might be the first major 1st party release that I buy digitally. Seems like the kind of game that would be great to have permanently available on the system (although I could probably could say that about Smash & Mario Kart too!).

Tempted to get one of the Nintendo Online voucher things to get this and Links Awakening when it comes out.

I got the vouchers last week, and I'm tempted by Links Awakening, but as much as I love the game, they're really going to have to add more to make it worth 60. I'd estimate I'd have the game done in about 4 hours max. I played it to death on the GB, GBC, and emulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The review embargo is over.

In a shocking turn of events that nobody saw coming, SMM2 is fantastic. :)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/super-mario-maker-2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€48.99 in Argos lots of stock everywhere as of this post

http://www.checkargos.com/product/1211719

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched some SMM2 on Twitch this morning. Already some great levels out there. The ratings system and filters seem to work really well.

I had a quick go this morning, just one downloaded level, and the UI is slick. I actually bought two copies, one for my son, and one for me, in an effort to get him away from Fortnite and to challenge him to make levels I can't beat :D

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I watched some SMM2 on Twitch this morning. Already some great levels out there. The ratings system and filters seem to work really well.

Honestly, so glad to hear that. There is an awful lot of crap on the Wii U that's very hard to bypass.

Advertisement