Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Maker 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked my copy up, just now, from Smyth's following my pre-order.
    They gave me the keyring and a sticker sheet, what every 47 year old man wants really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I picked my copy up, just now, from Smyth's following my pre-order.
    They gave me the keyring and a sticker sheet, what every 47 year old man wants really.

Gonna clatter that lovely candy arcade cab of yours with Mario Maker stickers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm 117 and I like stickers getting mine latet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My wife is going nuts about the fact she can't use a stylus with this. Tried an old 3DS Stylus and it won't work at all (but a finger will trigger the screen to react).

Am I missing something?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My wife is going nuts about the fact she can't use a stylus with this. Tried an old 3DS Stylus and it won't work at all (but a finger will trigger the screen to react).

Am I missing something?

Wii U and 3DS are both resistive screens, Switch is a capacitive screen, they work a little differently. So you're not missing anything, the Wii U/3DS stylus will never work.

You can get styluses (styli?) for capacitive screens, and they're pretty cheap. Have a nose on Amazon. I got this one, works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I never got online yet, I may get that bundle for 64.99 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Played some puzzle levels, one took me over an over and then realized I was searching easy. The horror :eek:

Just one question, how can you exclude played levels from your search?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Tempted to pick this up but haven't played the last one. Not overly interested in making levels, is it worth it for just playing other people's levels and story mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

skerry wrote: »
    Tempted to pick this up but haven't played the last one. Not overly interested in making levels, is it worth it for just playing other people's levels and story mode?
    I played over 200 hours on the Wii U version and about 10 of those hours were making levels so yes go get it.
    I love the new smw3d levels. Amazing how many good levels I've played so far and I'm only an hour in. My missus actually bought it on her switch with the 2 for 99.99 deal so I'm stuck playing on her switch. Shame as I won't be able to see friends levels. I may just have to buy it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Already remade one of my Super Mario Maker levels into this game :) .

Name: Ghost Paradise
    Style: New Super Mario Bros U
    Theme: Ghost House
    ID: LGK-SHJ-11G

• Advertisement

Was wanting to hold off on getting this till I've knocked some more off my list... but damnit, it's difficult!!! :eek:

Star Lord wrote: »
    Was wanting to hold off on getting this till I've knocked some more off my list... but damnit, it's difficult!!! :eek:

Personally I needed something new, Tetris 99 had taken over my switch.

iamtony wrote: »
    Personally I needed something new, Tetris 99 had taken over my switch.

I'm currently playing Bloodstained, Dead Cells, Baba Is You, Breath of the Wild Master Mode, and a couple of PC and PS4 games...

Yet, I want to get on board with this while it's new and shiny and people are making and playing levels...

'O_O'

iamtony wrote: »
    I played over 200 hours on the Wii U version and about 10 of those hours were making levels so yes go get it.
    I love the new smw3d levels. Amazing how many good levels I've played so far and I'm only an hour in. My missus actually bought it on her switch with the 2 for 99.99 deal so I'm stuck playing on her switch. Shame as I won't be able to see friends levels. I may just have to buy it myself.

Sold, picked it up in Argos there, I'll give it a bash later. Was thinking Donkey Kong TF or this and figured I'd get more mileage out of Mario Maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

esivwo.jpg

Ponied up 60 from Smyth's as I didn't have the online membership thing sorted and have had no reason to avail of it until now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Super Mario Maker 2 is available now for Nintendo Switch! With all new tools, course parts, and features, unleash your creativity and start building today!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got my copy anyway. Now to see when I get to play it

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'm currently playing Bloodstained, Dead Cells, Baba Is You, Breath of the Wild Master Mode, and a couple of PC and PS4 games...

Yet, I want to get on board with this while it's new and shiny and people are making and playing levels...

'O_O'
    I'd say the game will live on a long time so no worry with waiting. Saying thatbifbi don't buy a game while the hype is real I tend to forget about it when I'm ready to buy or something newer or shinier comes along.

Holy crap this is addictive sh!t. Some of the levels are genius, some are utterly devious. Must have spent 45 minutes trying to beat one there. Haven't even looked at the level editor yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Hey, thought I'd post up my first SMM2 level, 'Vanilla Flats'.

It's a fairly straight-forward platforming level but it does come with an optional, harder path. Any feedback is welcome.

Course ID: 95M-JG1-78G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Hey, thought I'd post up my first SMM2 level, 'Vanilla Flats'.

It's a fairly straight-forward platforming level but it does come with an optional, harder path. Any feedback is welcome.

Course ID: 95M-JG1-78G

Completed and liked. As you say, it's straight-forward which is rarely bad to me. It's not a terrible start at all. I don't really have much to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

I’m going to pick this up, but I just noticed that Argos are selling the standard for €48.99, and the Special Edition for €74.99, even though the special thing about the Special Edition is you get a year’s online sub with it, which costs €20. So unless I’m mistaken, Argos regards paying a fiver extra for online membership to be a special bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Completed and liked. As you say, it's straight-forward which is rarely bad to me. It's not a terrible start at all. I don't really have much to say.

Did you take the route to the on/off switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Did you take the route to the on/off switch?

Played it and liked it. The path to the on/off switch was an absolute git! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some celebrity levels to play... Matt Thorson (creator of Celeste) has made some SMM2 levels. They're supposed to be great.

https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/1144809965774704640

Sy4mrtt.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Got this today as a present from my wife, quick question before I dive in (it will be tomorrow before I get a chance to play), do I need the online sub to play and share created levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Nintendo-designed levels for the Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019.

D6j6mqj.jpg?1

Watch the levels in action here (the co-op level in round 2 looks like a friendship killer!):

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Does anyone want to try out my levels?
    CXG-BH2-LVG
    K9C 0J5 WTF
    342 9W6 PYF
    2Q5 VM1 0DG
    683 9F1 JGF

Feedback appreciated. They're quite different from each other and pretty short. I think they have a classic mario feel .. Forgot to change the timer in one level so it's a bit long.
    Some gentle trolling in 1 level but nothing to ruin the game!

Edit: my maker id is GW4-LHV-6FF

To see yours, go into Course World, press Y for your maker profile, and click your picture on the overview tab (for "more info"). The picture will shrink and in the corner you'll see your maker id.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mr E wrote: »
    Some celebrity levels to play... Matt Thorson (creator of Celeste) has made some SMM2 levels. They're supposed to be great.

https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/1144809965774704640

Sy4mrtt.jpg?1

Okay that seals it. I'm buying this tonight.

Think I'll get the €99 vouchers and grab Smash Bros too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Already remade one of my Super Mario Maker levels into this game :) .

Done! Bit easy but good for the ego!

Advertisement