Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Maker 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Didn't even see that thread. Brain is melted, oops

Just an easier way to discover levels to play as this thread is mainly for discussion on the game or news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I forgot spin jumps were used to break blocks below Mario and some enemies. But, yeah, using them to ride a Thwomp or some such, I don't think I ever did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Half way through story mode. Some of these levels are a masterclass in level design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The second no - jump level (the one from Undodog) was so much trickier than the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Star Lord wrote: »
    The second no - jump level (the one from Undodog) was so much trickier than the first one!

I tried that one a couple of times today. I'll come back to it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Just got to the first no jump level in Story Mode. It's really confusing me...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Uploaded my own level a few days ago

ID: 55X-QFN-99G

Feedback would be appreciated

Not coming up when I search, did you delete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You're not allowed to jump. Run under them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

CramCycle wrote: »
    Uploaded my own level a few days ago

ID: 55X-QFN-99G

Feedback would be appreciated

Not coming up when I search, did you delete?

Yeah, I deleted it. Didn't think it was a great level after thinking about it and playing through it a bit.

Your feet can't leave the ground (or other stuff) until the finish flag, so figure out ways past obstacles without jumping! So you can stand on other things, just can't have your feet in the air for any time other than the jump into the flag pole!

• Advertisement

I found that fun but very easy, wasn't sure if you could jump to the flag pole so
    steered the ghost into it.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I found that fun but very easy, wasn't sure if you could jump to the flag pole so
    steered the ghost into it.

The instructions say your feet can't touch the ground after leaving it, so jumping is ok

Star Lord wrote: »
    The instructions say your feet can't touch the ground after leaving it, so jumping is ok

Must learn how to read :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

For the original Mario Maker, there was an image posted of a lot of Mario things not included in that game that you could add to your courses like slopes, angry sun, giant mushroom etc. I wonder if there is a similar image somewhere for Mario Maker 2 already and if not, I'd like to know what are some things that are not included in this Mario Maker but you would want to be in it.

Mr E wrote: »
    Half way through story mode. Some of these levels are a masterclass in level design.

Some of them are also rage inducing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, how hardcore Mario maker is? I see people on YouTube playing all these stupidly hard levels and I am not sure I am in to that.
    Can it be played a bit more casual? Or all people in this game just want people to suffer?
    I have holidays coming up and going to be away for a few days with family. So was thinking of picking a game for us. Might be fun to make some levels and get my misses and daughter to clear them.

Not at all. There is a story mode with 100+ levels designed by Nintendo (so they are great and all manageable).

The user levels are divided into easy, normal, expert and super expert. You can play at your preferred level.

I've had to use some of the power-ups on some of the really hard levels which is a nice to have. I Like the progression of the castle building in stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You know a green flag appears next to the level when you do that? Might as well have luigi do the level for you

antix80 wrote: »
    You know a green flag appears next to the level when you do that? Might as well have luigi do the level for you

Ok Buzzkill! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Guys, how hardcore Mario maker is? I see people on YouTube playing all these stupidly hard levels and I am not sure I am in to that.
    Can it be played a bit more casual? Or all people in this game just want people to suffer?
    I have holidays coming up and going to be away for a few days with family. So was thinking of picking a game for us. Might be fun to make some levels and get my misses and daughter to clear them.
    You can look at the completed % level and it will give you an idea. I am not into designing levels myself but I can see myself pumping hours into playing people s levels. Some are unreal

Thanks lads. My holiday starts wensday, so might go and pick it up then. Limited edition just gives 1 year of subscription?
    Smyth's have it for 60eu I think.

Limited edition just gives 1 year of subscription?
    Correct.
    Smyth's have it for 60eu I think.
    £50 / €55 on Amazon UK. Saved you a whole fiver. :pac:

Love this. Not touching it with a 10 foot pole. :)

Course ID: YXL-D4C-TQF

So first day of holiday and I went to pick it up. Tried it for a bit. Just story mode.
    I have to admit it's a bit confusing for someone who played only original Mario on NES. Most of the time I have no idea what power ups or different blocks actually do. Appearantly Mario has more moves then just jump. :pac:
    So gave it to my 10 year old daughter and she is hogging it now... That's impressive, she has attention spam of a goldfish and so far she is still playing it...
    I guess I'll go back to my Xbox and check the games added on Game pass now.

Started playing this and had to turn off comments. The comments themselves weren't the issue. It was all the big pictures covering things

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started playing this and had to turn off comments. The comments themselves weren't the issue. It was all the big pictures covering things

I turned off the comments because some of them were really tasteless, some were trolling comments, etc. Some were giving away solutions to puzzle-based levels.

Rather not have that!

Didn't really notice those. I do wonder how the auto switch speedrun ones are done. Must download and see

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

First person in Mario Maker 2?
    https://youtu.be/6jSrUh1FDxg

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    First person in Mario Maker 2?
    https://youtu.be/6jSrUh1FDxg

Absolute genius!!! That's brilliant!!!

Advertisement