Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Maker 2

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very clever alright.
    First time I downloaded a course too!

New content incoming

https://twitter.com/SuperMario_UK/status/1201410673860845569

EDIT: Still no 100 Mario Challenge mode. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

New content incoming

https://twitter.com/SuperMario_UK/status/1201410673860845569

EDIT: Still no 100 Mario Challenge mode. :mad:

Looks great. Can't wait. I haven't given this game nearly as much love as it deserves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I turned it on back in August.... not since though... sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nice the master sword power up opens doors for new types of courses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I really need to get back into this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pity the Zelda style can't be used for the Super Mario World style.

All day I have been trying to get my ninji speed run time on the rolling Snowballs course below 20 seconds. It measured to the thousand of a second. I can religiously get 20.013 my best time was exactly 20.000 so I was one thousand of a second off the time I needed to let me get on with my life. Great fun though I challenge yall to do it and beat 20 seconds. It's in the ninji speedrun section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probably a few months too late, but wow!
    Mario 2, koopalings, world map building (!) and more....

World builder yeeessss! Looks like a great update. It will really give the game a new lease of light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

That's very generous of Nintendo.

You can create an entire game now with different bosses!

That will please a lot of people!

I hope more people experience this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I cannot wait to play some of the worlds that people create.

Some comments from Reddit Nintendo that are quite interesting:
    - this is SMM 3
    - this could have gone in a direct
    - is this the start of the extra Mario stuff we're supposed to get this year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Serious update. The world builder legit could've been the primary improvement in a new MM game. It does open up possibilities of a third game, considering what could be done with the map now the framework is there (mario 3 map, nsmb, even a mario 1 map perhaps?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Tempted to pick this up if it goes on sale. Is there enough content for someone not into making levels (I have the online sub)? I just prefer normal Mario levels without too much of the crazy stuff (have New Super Mario Bros. U on Wii-U but don't fancy double dipping for the Switch version).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Tempted to pick this up if it goes on sale. Is there enough content for someone not into making levels (I have the online sub)? I just prefer normal Mario levels without too much of the crazy stuff (have New Super Mario Bros. U on Wii-U but don't fancy double dipping for the Switch version).

The "story" mode is pretty decent in terms of content. I'm similar in that I wouldn't have any interest in making my own levels but got a decent amount of play out of the Nintendo crafted stuff.

This latest update will be enough to get me playing it again for sure.

I thought the story mode was great. Some really interesting levels in there. The Nintendo Mario designers know what they're at. I love the different mix of 2d Mario styles, including 3d world in 2d. Cat Mario, the new car ... Plus the old school Mario style is now full screen 16:9, 1080p. And they still play brilliantly.

Also, there is the Zelda options with bombs, bow, ..

The user generated ones ... Some really good ones but a lot of trash. I think you need to do some googling to find good levels. The search within the game isn't great. Still ... there is tons of content. From crazy impossible levels to traditional Mario levels.

In case anyone doesn't know, the big update is live now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Must dip back into this so, haven't played in a while.

I traded it last year when I got bored, so I might double dip in a few months when some full worlds have been curated.

FYI about €45 in South Africa, and similar on cdkeys.com.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I traded it last year when I got bored, so I might double dip in a few months when some full worlds have been curated.

FYI about €45 in South Africa, and similar on cdkeys.com.

Sounds like a good idea. Needs to be closer to €30 before I'll bite. :)

Sounds like a good idea. Needs to be closer to €30 before I'll bite. :)

Don't listen to Mr E... well worth the €45. :p

Don't listen to Mr E... well worth the €45. :p

I think so. Plus, if you've got kids I think it's a fantastic introduction to game design. Basically I'm my daughter's game tester :)

nintendoo wrote: »
    I think so. Plus, if you've got kids I think it's a fantastic introduction to game design. Basically I'm my daughter's game tester :)

There's one downside to that great idea - letting my kids play my Switch which means less Switch time for me! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

nintendoo wrote: »

I thought of doing the same thing. Was gonna design little one a super simple level. Then I thought I'd never get my Switch back and quickly came to my senses. As far as my daughter is concerned, my Switch is for Daddy's work ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This and Zelda are my two favourite Switch game's...

This update looks unbelievable, can't wait to give it a go....

Played a few of the new worlds.
    Works really really well :)
    You can choose paths; mushroom houses; ...
    Works well in that a good maker can string their best levels into a world.
    Also, less messing around.. Just pick a world and play all the levels ... Less messing ... More playing !

Seems random in how you find worlds , maybe you can search ... But need to goto bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Melodies of Gaming - The Music of Super Mario Maker 2 (ft. 8-bit Music Theory)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kmRA_N23dps

Interesting video on the music of Super Mario Maker 2. Not what I had expected, I thought it was going to feature those user created courses that played pop songs.

Advertisement