Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can petrol automatic car preferably a saloon be got.

• 13-02-2019 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So the Mother is thinking of changing her car from a Manual to an automatic. She has looked at a private auto Hyundai for sale at a garage that was going for around 10k and the budget is around that maybe a little more. Think it might have been an i30 or an IX20. The newer the car the better.
    Ideally a Skoda Octavia petrol automatic would be perfect but after looking for a bit there is very few about.
    She does not do much driving so no point in getting a diesel.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Why wouldn't she get a hybrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Prius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A hybrid Civic saloon would be a good shout too. You'd get a nice 2010 example well under budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

AMKC wrote: »
    So the Mother is thinking of changing her car from a Manual to an automatic. She has looked at a private auto Hyundai for sale at a garage that was going for around 10k and the budget is around that maybe a little more. Think it might have been an i30 or an IX20. The newer the car the better.
    Ideally a Skoda Octavia petrol automatic would be perfect but after looking for a bit there is very few about.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mercedes-benz/c-class/used-2010-mercedes-benz-c-class-n-wexford-fpa-201808189623474 something nice ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Civic hybrid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You could get a Mk6 golf DSG for that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

troyzer wrote: »
    Why wouldn't she get a hybrid?

She has never driving anything like that before but I will suggest it to her.
    Prius

The Prius not a bad car alright. Will suggest it and see if one can be got that she likes.

Yes that's nice alright. Be in a whole different league and class compared what she drives at the moment. She kind of just likes her cars reliable and simple do so probably would not go for it.
    A hybrid Civic saloon would be a good shout too. You'd get a nice 2010 example well under budget

Yes maybe. Whats the youngest model of it that could be got?
    grogi wrote: »
    Civic hybrid...

Will suggest it to her.

Skoda Rapid perhaps? A bit smaller than an Octavia

Or some old favourites: Jetta, Corolla.

Yes that Corolla is decent looking and they are nice enough inside. The Jetta would not be her cup of tea Id say. The Rapid is very nice too probably more her style and is the same size as the car she currently has.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

I drive a 2011 auris hybrid. 1.8 petrol linked to a small battery and motor, auto box. Pleasant enough to drive and reliable. avg 52mpg. Insurance 450 fully comp and 180 to tax. I think the Honda hybrid is a little underpowered, correct me if I’m wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

If my new car arrives next week as promised I'll be trading in a 172 1 litre dsg style Octavia. George Corbett motors in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CoBo55 wrote: »
    If my new car arrives next week as promised I'll be trading in a 172 1 litre dsg style Octavia. George Corbett motors in Waterford.

Hope you got more than €10k for it.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Hope you got more than €10k for it.

€20k, Local dealer offered me €18k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CoBo55 wrote: »
    €20k, Local dealer offered me €18k

It’ll be a bit over the OP’s budget so.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’ll be a bit over the OP’s budget so.

oops I missed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just on the civic hybrid - most of the owners i've spoken to have been very disappointed with fuel consumption.. apparently its way higer than stated.. might not be an issue if buyer isnt doing much mileage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Just on the civic hybrid - most of the owners i've spoken to have been very disappointed with fuel consumption.. apparently its way lower than stated.. might not be an issue if buyer isnt doing much mileage

That's a good thing then, isn't it? I would be delighted if my fuel consumption was lower than expected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

grogi wrote: »
    That's a good thing then, isn't it? I would be delighted if my fuel consumption was higher than expected :)

Friday morning...

Advertisement