Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to die

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

What a heartbreaking scenario. Such a beautiful looking dog, you are lucky to have had her in your life as she was to have you. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭acequion

I cannot read this tread without crying,I feel so very sad for you and your beautiful treasure. I have a little cat who I adore and who at 7 is in her prime but some day she'll have to leave me and the very thought is horrendous.

We love our fur babies so very much and our time with them is so short, 10-15 years over a lifetime, a drop in the ocean but wonderful years. But they live in our hearts forever.

You are so brave Op and you're doing the right thing. That,plus the wonderful love you and Judy have shared, the happy life you've given her will give you solace. Hugs to you both.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

This thread is so apt for where I am right now. I have a 14.5 yo boxer so has battled through the last year and is slowly loosing control over his back legs. We had a slight episode with him last night and my brain started running away with me, playing out the last day/hours with him, dreading having to make that call.

This morning he made a fool of me, as he normally does after one of my meltdowns! I do know his day is coming, and like so many of you who have posted previously, the fear of making that call even a day too late terrifies me.

Dragona, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and in time you will take comfort in the fact you made the call before things got too bad. Or at least that's what people say, and what I keep telling myself in advance of my time.

Take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Truegalwaygirl

I am so sorry to read this. Judy is a beautiful lady! I am crying reading this thread as I know too well what you are going through today.
    I am the other side of this at the moment. We put our beautiful lady to sleep 3 weeks ago, she was 18. We adopted her and her best friend from the pound 15 years ago. What an amazing 15 years. In the last year it was something that played on my mind and I dreaded the thought! She was in perfect health. Her usual happy self who loved to sleep by the fire and swim in the river. A week before she was put down she was off form. We just knew it was the end. I always imagined it would be stressful for her. I can tell you it was not. They know and they are not afraid. She ate all her favourite treats and had the family around her. Myself and my father were there when she went to sleep. Our hearts are broken but it was the right thing to do. You love them too much to have them suffer for even a second. The vets all commented on what a happy lady she was and that it was clear she was loved. This is the memory I keep.
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow, stay strong and hold her tight! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Judy is going to have chicken nuggets and a bit of vanilla milkshake in a minute, and then out for a walk.

I am a hysterical mess. My other dog Reuben isn't eating, I'm devastated for him, he's depressed. He just sees us all sobbing.

I'm trying so hard, I just can't stop crying. I'm terrified she won't make it to tomorrow. She's eating fine, annoying Golda the cat, she has some camembert for lunch.

Cannot believe tonight is her last night with us. I KNOW the time is NOW. I've told her I will help her, and that's what I'm going to do. I adore her, just adore her. This is the most pain I have ever endured, I'm never going to get over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

She landed on her feet with you.from what I've been reading she couldn't have gotten a better owner.
    Remember that because I'm 100% sure judy will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Planina

I'm so, so sorry for you. I know what an intensely painful experience this is and Judy is such a darling. Sending you both all my love!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭QueenMTBee

Just to say that I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. It will hurt more than you can imagine but in time you'll be so proud that you had the strength to let her go when she was ready. Just to echo what another poster said - I honestly believe that they do know what is happening and understand why and that they aren't afraid when you are there with them. Big hugs xx

Judy died tonight. I had to call the vet this evening, she looked at me and her eyes were glazed, and I promised her I would not let her down.

I am beyond heartbroken. Can't write any more, just thank you for all your kind thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

dragona wrote:
    Judy died tonight. I had to call the vet this evening, she looked at me and her eyes were glazed, and I promised her I would not let her down.

dragona wrote:
    I am beyond heartbroken. Can't write any more, just thank you for all your kind thoughts.

I am so sorry for your loss, my gorgeous boy died last month (Springer spaniel, from bowel disease) My heart literally shattered in the vets the day I held him as he went to sleep and even now as I write this I can't stop bawling BUT I promise you, you did the right thing for your lovely Judy.
    The kindest gift you can give is the hardest most painful decision you have to make but that is the price we pay for their love and devotion.
    I don't know if this will help you but my elderly Father said to me that now it's us that feels the pain whilst they are at peace and that gives me comfort that it's ok if I feel like sh1te but I am grateful he is free from any pain.
    I drive home from every night shift to an empty house now and that's going to take a lot of getting used to.
    Cry when you need to cry and be good to yourself it seems to me Judy was blessed with love and care from a great mammy who put her first right to the end xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭QueenMTBee

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know nothing can dim the pain you're feeling right now but you did the right thing, you loved her completely and she knew it and loved you for it. Be kind to yourself - and don't be afraid to post on here or the Departed Pets thread if you need some support.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

RIP beautiful Judy. I am physically sobbing reading this and my heart breaks for you. Such lovely, kind posts above. Will be thinking on you. Time is a healer and you have so many treasured memories with your girl, take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Was just coming on this thread to wish you well today Dragona. Judy was lucky to have you and you were lucky to have Judy. Try and focus on the good times xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It's a dreadful loss.
    I hope you can take some comfort in knowing you always did what was for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I just want to add my support to all the very kind posts above. My heart goes out to you. You know you did what was right. God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry for your huge loss. You and Judy had such a wonderful connection. Right up until the end you understood each other perfectly. Mind yourself and remember we're all here to listen any time you need it. Sleep tight beautiful Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

RIP Judy - came on here to say i was thinking of you today (haven't commented on your post as it was just too sad but had been following it)
    Thinking of you at this horrible time - i've not gone through it yet as my girl is my first dog, she's 10 now and i'm dreading when the day comes as it will kill me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sending you hugs today. Judy had the best Mammy. You were both lucky to have found each other. You should be proud that you did the right thing by her. Be kind to yourself.

Am so very sorry OP. I was thinking of you today and being a cock eyed optimist I was even hoping for some kind of miracle. And maybe you did get one in a way. Because the long goodbye is unbearably painful so maybe it was better yesterday than today. I know you won't feel that right now but it usually is better sooner rather than later.

But I am so very sad reading this thread, I think we all are. Look after yourself OP because of course you are utterly heartbroken. But some day the pain will ease and you will get comfort from your wonderful memories of your darling Judy and from having done the right thing. I must dry my eyes now before my collegues see me here at work and wonder why I'm crying. I reckon your beautiful Judy sparked tears and touched hearts all over this country.

RIP sweet, beautiful Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

R.I.P Judy

Sorry for your loss dragona

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

Thank you all for your loving words. I'm walking around feeling dead inside. Haven't slept yet, just the thought that I have to carry on with my life, without Judy, it's agonising.

I can't comfort anyone else, I just want her back. I'm at peace with my decisions, and at no point was she in any pain, and that's just what she deserved, to go peacefully, unaware of anything. So I'm glad for that.

I don't want to get into my bed tonight without her snuggled by my side. I honestly truly don't know what my life will be without her, my friend, my love.

Thank you all for your understanding x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Very sorry for you.

Judy was beautiful.

We had to put our 2 down side by side last summer so I feel your pain.

They leave a massive hole.

Mind yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭devlinio

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how this feels. You gave her a wonderful life, she will always be thankful for that.

Take care of yourself as best you can.

dragona, as in all grieving you mustn't think of the big vista of your life ahead, just one day at a time. Only focus on that for now and allow yourself to completely wallow in this overwhelming grief. It will pass,I promise you that. Our bodies actually reach a point where they don't want to grieve anymore and where they are ready to come back into the light. You will reach that point too.

Don't get back into your bed, sleep in a different one for a while. Whatever helps you in any small way, do it.

Above all mind yourself and be good to yourself. You've been absolutely brilliant and you deserve to focus on yourself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

oh dragona
    im so very sorry. rest peacefully Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I'm so sorry for your loss Dragona, my heart goes out to you. X

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No words anyone can say are going to make it easier at this moment. The next few days wont seem real, more like your on autopilot. The knowing its near is worse in a way as someone said. We had 3 days of that and it was horrendous, that last day is one I wont forget in a hurry.

In the coming days/weeks the pain you feel today will ease and the happier memories of a lifetime spent together. I got Andy for my 9th Birthday and he died the week before I graduated from University, there is a hell of a lot more good than bad in those years.

Perhaps most importantly, you will soon take comfort knowing that she's no longer suffering. We went through a long slow deterioration with him but with the help of our vet we kept his quality of life reasonably good until a few days before. That made losing him easier. You done everything right Dragona, that helpless feeling when theres nothing in your power available to make your pet better hurts more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

I can’t even read this without breaking my own heart. I really hope you are ok OP. Judy has the kindest eyes and knows how much you loved her x

When I go to the gym they often have the top 40 on MTV and there is this video which breaks my heart. You guys might know it as it's a song. It's about this little girl who gets a puppy. And she just adores him and as they grow up together girl and dog have this wonderful bond. But he gets sick and has to be put to sleep and that part is just so very,very sad. I think its narrated from the perspective of memory as its a mother remembering her beloved dog as her daughter gets a little puppy for her birthday. Its heartwarming but heartbreaking and when it plays right in front of me as I'm belting the treadmill I have to avert my eyes because it makes me cry and I nearly lose my balance and fall off [lol]. So am not certain of the story but it's something like that. The loss of a beloved pet is incredibly heartbreaking.

dragona,I hope you're sleeping now as you must be exhausted you poor thing. Sending you hugs and thinking of your darling Judy who will always be in your heart.xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

I've been there more times than I care to remember. I've no doubt she knew how much you loved her.

This always makes me feel better..that we will see them again on the Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Advertisement