Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to die

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

dragona wrote: »
    Thank you. There is not a minute of every day that I don't think of her. I miss her more than I can put into words. Desperately. .My life is not the same without her, I miss her scent, her company, her joy,her face, her comfort, her warm little body pressed next to mine.I think of her constantly. The only thing I can be grateful for is that she had no suffering. But I am, and I know that is the price we have to pay.

I can cry and cry, but I will never have her back.It is not getting any easier, but thank you for asking and thinking of me.

Dragona I hope your ok... I feel your pain I really do personally I don't believe it ever gets easier (human or canine).. I believe we just learn to keep it bottled up better or our feelings hidden more over time.

I lost my beloved boy 10 days ago now... miss him terribly... I've a pit in the bottom of my stomach all the time....we had him for 14 years (since he was 8 weeks), our hearts like yours are broken, I miss his pitter patter around the place, his presence, his little face, his companionship, the way he nudged me for a teat or a cuddle... the way he looked into my eyes.. they way the first thing I saw each day in the kitchen was his gorgeous face.. he was the best part of my day ... my life..., like you our lives will never be the same... what I wouldn't give to go and spend another day with him... but then that would never be enough.

In truth I preferred Cody to most people... preferred his company, don't think we can ever get another dog as no matter how amazing they were it wouldn't be my Cody and that's that.

I have read that you can have dogs in your lifetime... amazing dogs BUT you only have one dog of a life time and for us Cody was that dog.

I'm just grateful Cody is at peace (or so I hope) and no more pain (he had advanced liver cancer when diagnosed - symptoms for him were sh*te)... he knows no better ... we were both with him when he passed .... its us who are left behind.. left wishing we had more time... left wishing why Judy?? why Cody?? Its awful, I really feel for you XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Ah Jesus Cocker I'm so very sorry for your loss of poor Cody. Your post made me cry. There are no words I can say to make you feel any better but lots of us understand and you need say no more. Thinking of you.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 39 stresshead101

dragona wrote: »
    Thank you. There is not a minute of every day that I don't think of her. I miss her more than I can put into words. Desperately. .My life is not the same without her, I miss her scent, her company, her joy,her face, her comfort, her warm little body pressed next to mine.I think of her constantly. The only thing I can be grateful for is that she had no suffering. But I am, and I know that is the price we have to pay.

I can cry and cry, but I will never have her back.It is not getting any easier, but thank you for asking and thinking of me.

"The risk of love is loss
    and the price of loss is grief
    But the pain of grief is only a shoadow
    when compared with the pain of never risking love"
    - Hilary Stanton Zunin

I hope you can find comfort in the memories that you have of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

It's a tough time lost my 11 year old staffie a few months ago , due to old age ,[had to get him put down] i know how you feel, my advise to you is get a new pet it's a great feeling to give an animal a safe home, got another myself a few weeks ago from the local rescue center, you will always have your memories and a new friend'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When my dog AND one of my cats died the same weekend over a year ago now. someone wise and who loves critters as much as I do, ordered me to go and get three more cats.... meaning rescues.. of which there are an abundance..

2 of them are on my bed with me. with one of my older cats,,. the third, the teenager, is out somewhere or on the kitchen chair..with my oldest cat. not sure as he is in and out all the time. Their needs healed me enough to cope. Still have bad times as it was all so sudden but then a young cat rescued from street life snuggles in and purrs .. a sweet continuum of the love we hold for critters,

• Advertisement
Advertisement