Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Vodafone for landline and broadband

Options
  • 14-02-2019 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭

I have been with Vodafone for years - since BT days. Had awful hassle re bills - eventually got it sorted and was well looked after til recently - now bills are incorrect again and am getting no satisfaction. I am self-employed, work from home and must have decent Broadband. I hear from relative of hours hanging on for an answer from Eir. Is there any other decent landline/broadband service provider out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Can you get virgin? I often hear it said that they are the best of a bad bunch speed wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Virgin or Sky are the only ones that are worth it, everyone else is impossible to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op
    have a look at this comparison on bonkers.

https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/broadband-phone/eir-vs-sky-vs-virgin-media-vs-vodafone-how-do-they-compare/

should help you make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I moved to Virgin in December after many many years with Eir - couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks for all that - Virgin looks good on the bonkers.ie site - what is involved when it says you have to instal the service yourself? Is that something my phone-hugging teenagers could do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 fj4400

Thanks for all that - Virgin looks good on the bonkers.ie site - what is involved when it says you have to instal the service yourself? Is that something my phone-hugging teenagers could do?

gibgodsman wrote:
    Virgin or Sky are the only ones that are worth it, everyone else is impossible to deal with

Just left sky... As with them all... When no issues it was fine .... But when I was cancelling because they broke the contract... A nightmare ... Never again .... For BB they are good... But customer service ... Woeful ... Pick your poison really

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

fj4400 wrote: »
    Just left sky... As with them all... When no issues it was fine .... But when I was cancelling because they broke the contract... A nightmare ... Never again .... For BB they are good... But customer service ... Woeful ... Pick your poison really

When I left Sky, because they didn't have Fiber at the time and Virgin did, It was a simple 5 minute phone call and no issues, you must have been very unlucky

Advertisement