Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They're protesting sooooo much about Delia's dishes, especially the dessert, that I'm convinced she HAS to win!

Yep me too. Thought that last week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Disasters abound!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Irini looks about 10 years younger with her hair down! (And was quite the looker when she was younger!!)

Oh Delia..... can you win with undercooked potato, and two-thirds of a dessert??? I dunno, and it'll be an awful shame if she doesn't.

However, Gilly might make me change my mind yet.....

(and funnily enough they loved the goat's cheese dessert, who'd've thunk :rolleyes:)

I got the impression they were ever-so-slightly more impressed by Delia than by Jilly, but Delia's cooking mistake might have put her behind, not sure.

• Advertisement

twill wrote: »
    I got the impression they were ever-so-slightly more impressed by Delia than by Jilly, but Delia's cooking mistake might have put her behind, not sure.
    I think I'm about 4 or 5 mins behind, they're only judging Gilly now for me.

Irini's done really well, she could snatch this. Not sure I can call it.

twill wrote: »
    Irini's done really well, she could snatch this. Not sure I can call it.
    She's knocked them sideways so many times with things they've never heard of - makes me think that unless she poisons them or something, there's no way she won't get it.

Plus, Delia made mistakes and Gilly crossed Greg's eyes with the sharp dessert - Irini was almost faultless.

They could have given them clean whites for the final bit.... Gilly looks likes she had a fight in an abattoir!

Well done Irini! It was a great final.

• Advertisement

Awww, they're all so lovely! And generous and magnanimous in defeat.

Kudos to them all, and especially Irini (much and all as she irritates me).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

A fair result, I think. Good luck to Irini. Mme Storkeuse and I couldn't call it, but agreed that we'd have no complaints whoever won. Some years you just know who it's going to...for example Tim the American guy, or Natalie Coleman...they just never seem to put a foot wrong, but this final was definitely anybody's.

Very impressed with Delia's five languages. I'd already guessed she was a French speaker when I heard her say "Merci" to Raymond Blanc - the pronunciation was spot on.

She's on BBC news now. Very gracious.
    Still prefer the Australian format. Much more exciting and doesn't have that irritating voiceover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Dovies wrote: »
    Still prefer the Australian format. Much more exciting and doesn't have that irritating voiceover.

Yea, but takes like 12 times as long to get through the entire competition.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Yea, but takes like 12 times as long to get through the entire competition.

Which is why its better :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

just recently finished watching masterchef... delighted that Irini won but I always liked Gilly's food too - but her desert let her down in the final - and her starter wasn't great..

Delia was good I guess but I didn't take to her - i think I felt that she lacked the passion that the others had..

I thought that Alex was really good - can't rem why she lost out so soon now though

sporina wrote: »
    Delia was good I guess but I didn't take to her - i think I felt that she lacked the passion that the others had..

You might be right about this: she mentioned that she hadn't practiced one or more of her final dishes. I know she's busy with her job, but I can't remember a Masterchef final in which someone hadn't found the time to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

I loved Raymond Blanc as mentor. His chocolate cup creme was amazing.

Rewatch some of his kitchen secrets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCI55vPi0i0

Bit feckin' late to be posting (only watching the recording now), but India Fisher (narrator of Masterchef) was on Pointless Celebrities a couple of weeks ago - nice to put a face to the voice!

Advertisement